Author Topic: i-image  (Read 2694 times)

Offline AAMike

i-image
« on: July 29, 2015, 09:11:27 AM »
Can anyone tell me if the i-image accepts multi page pdf files?

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
Re: i-image
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2015, 12:15:10 PM »
No, not a multi (page) PDF.  It can, but you would have to open the PDF in Photoshop or even illy and choose what page you want to open at a time. In each page, it can be a single or multi (color) pdf, but it does not load multi pages. Well, I say that ...but I haven't tried it.  I bet if I worked at it, I could get it to do that but it's not is normal function.

Multiple Art boards can be ripped but it still treats each art board as an individual file. If I got it to rip multi page PDF, it would be a similar situation.  different files for each page. I'll try to test that later.
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline Alex M

• !!!
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2015, 12:55:48 PM »
As Dan stated we do not support this as a standard function.
Alex Mammoser
Director of Sales
Easiway Systems
Mobile: +1 630 220 6588
alex@easiway.com

Offline AAMike

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2015, 03:32:55 PM »
That's unfortunate. We considered trying one out after Mr. Hoffman visited our plant, but that would make thousands of files we currently have unusable. Thanks for the info.

Offline Alex M

• !!!
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2015, 05:25:04 PM »
One option would be writing a macro for AI to open and convert the files to a flattened  eps or pdf.
An other option would be manually opening and saving each page as a file.

It is not just PDF, any multi page file can not be read by our RIP

What RIP do you use that can read the multi page PDF and what file formats can it output in? If it can output in 1-bit Tiff with the proper (our standard) resolution you can keep the RIP you currently run and just use our production software to run the machine.
Alex Mammoser
Director of Sales
Easiway Systems
alex@easiway.com

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2015, 07:29:55 PM »
That's unfortunate. We considered trying one out after Mr. Hoffman visited our plant, but that would make thousands of files we currently have unusable. Thanks for the info.

Suprizing. I'm wondering, could it be that the terminology of multi page PDF is being confused with multi "color" PDF?  I don't claim to know everything but have not yet experienced a film output device or a DTS device that recognizes multi (page). You can have multi "colors" in a single job/PDF file that will print out one at a time as a color separation. Again tho, different industries make use of the same programs in different ways. I'd be very interested to know for what specific need would require multi pages and what device currently takes advantage of this. Might be useful knowledge.
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline jvanick

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2015, 07:36:40 PM »
I'm wondering if they are using film today, and set up their files to have each 'film' on a separate page of the pdf file?

that way they just call up the pdf file and hit print...

ie something like a rip->pdf->print.

Offline Alex M

• !!!
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2015, 09:48:51 PM »
This ^^^

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Alex Mammoser
Director of Sales
Easiway Systems
alex@easiway.com

Offline Alex M

• !!!
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2015, 09:50:13 PM »
Xitron uses PDFs similarly to this I believe... But will need to confirm with developer

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Alex Mammoser
Director of Sales
Easiway Systems
alex@easiway.com

Offline royster13

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2015, 10:30:56 PM »

There is a macro for this....With a few minutes work you can setup Acrobat to extract each page to a separate page while you get on with other chores....

Offline pwalsh

• !!!
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2015, 12:48:34 AM »
Dan and Alex:  I have a separate question related to the M&R I-Image inks.  Pat Fagan a Nazdar SourceOne Account Executive from our Northeast Region has a potential customer looking at an I Image. 

He is on a septic system, and a key consideration is that he is looking for a statement from M&R or the Ink manufacturer that the ink (dried on the screen and going down the drain in developing) is septic safe.

Have either of you, or anyone at M&R encountered his request /concern before, and do you have a response that we can provide back to the customer?  (BTW:  I dropped an email to Rich and Geoff on his subject earlier tonight)

Peter G. Walsh - Executive Vice President
The M&R Companies - Roselle, IL USA
Email:  peter.walsh@mrprint.com
Office 847-410-3445 / Cell 913-579-6662

Offline Alex M

• !!!
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2015, 09:17:38 AM »
I am sure you have an answer from Geoff by now, but we do not just blanket issue statements like ink is septic safe. There are many types of systems and local ordinances that will change how the customers needs to deal with this.
We can provide the MSDS for the customer to bring to local govt or whomever he needs to deal with.
Alex Mammoser
Director of Sales
Easiway Systems
alex@easiway.com

Offline AAMike

« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2015, 09:41:53 AM »
We have two acti-cam DTS units. We build multi page files in illustrator in spot colors and the rip outputs the individual pages. An example might be that page 1 (post rip) has gold and white and page 2 has the underboss. The reason for multiple pages is because our jobs may have 3 or locations on within one file. We use a harlequin rip.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2015, 09:46:36 AM by BadgerMike »

Offline ABuffington

« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2015, 12:06:59 PM »
Hey Alex or Dan, what about DCS 2.0 files, does your rip handle them?  How does it handle a Sep Studio file (DCS)  w multiple channels?
Al
Alan Buffington
Murakami Screen USA  - Technical Support and Sales
www.murakamiscreen.com

Offline Alex M

• !!!
« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2015, 02:03:48 PM »
DSC 2.0 all day.
most people still prefer to slide them into AI for layout reasons but it can read the raw DSC 2.0 eps or the AI eps 
a.   Adobe Illustrator
i.   EPS (w/ or w/o placed DCS 2.0 file)
ii.   PS
iii.   PDF
b.   Adobe Photoshop
i.   DCS 2.0 Multifile
ii.   TIF (grayscale1 bit tif)
c.   Corel Draw
i.   EPS
ii.     PDF

Some other RIPs 1 bit TIF files in proper resolution.

These file formats will work all the time. There are others that can be used with modification but are not supported on a regular basis.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2015, 02:06:04 PM by Alex M »
Alex Mammoser
Director of Sales
Easiway Systems
alex@easiway.com