Author Topic: Your best/worst equipment purchases  (Read 9982 times)

Offline acescreen

• Verified/Junior
Re: Your best/worst equipment purchases
« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2015, 01:04:44 AM »
Best:
- Upgrade- From 6 color air Javelin with 2 stationary flashbacks to a  8 color Sabre with 2 roll in flashbacks... our efficiency went through the roof!!!!

-Going from a PC's to Apple

-Epic PC color matching system has been amazing.

- Epson 1430- Xante Screen Writer 5 just died on us, we went and got a 1430 and downloaded accurip free trial and were up and running film the same day our Xante died. I am amazed at how easy and clean it prints, 100% black, and clear films are much better than the frosted vellums.  I should of made the switch after the ScreenWriter 4 and saved about $1500!

Worst:
-SWF Single Head embroidery machine- absolute lemon, I will never buy SWF ever ever ever again!
-All the PC's that would crap out in less than a year!
-Xante Screen Writer 5

Offline BorisB

Your best/worst equipment purchases
« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2015, 01:26:41 AM »
Best: TAS auto; simple and super reliable
Worst: Xeikon digital printer;
« Last Edit: September 25, 2015, 06:12:09 AM by BorisB »

Offline inkbrigade

« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2015, 02:56:35 AM »
This is a tough one. So many things were the best upgrade at the time.

I'd have to say the best:
Sportsman EX2020
Tri-light
Sprint dryer
Dip Tank.
Good Pressure washer.
Winged Floodbars.
Quartz flashes
Action EZ clean squeegee holders

The worst - Let me say, I don't think these products are bad. Just didn't end up being right for us:
Shurloc Squeegee cleaner. We've had it for over a year and it's gathering dust.

Action LOC gauge. We have so much of their other stuff and love it. The LOC gauge I've spend countless hours with it. Never got it to work correctly.
-------------------------------
Wish List / Let me know if your selling any of the following:  Newman (Stretch Devices) Orange Screen Racks and Press Carts
Saturn Screen Racks / Press Cart

Offline GKitson

• Just another t-shirt guy
« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2015, 07:07:56 AM »
Best - Computer to Screen

Worst - USED screen print numbering system

~Kitson
Greg Kitson
Mind's Eye Graphics Inc.
260-724-2050

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #19 on: September 25, 2015, 07:40:29 AM »
Geez, some of the stuff was here when I bought the shop, so I'll not count that.

Best:
RPM(used, but runs damn well)
Barudan 6 head
Interchange oven
I-image

Worst:
Stahls Air Fusion Heat Press.  Worst touch screen ever and it's just frustrating to use.
inksoft

Offline TCT

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2015, 08:32:42 AM »
Best- S.Roque ECO

Worst(don't laugh)- Xpressscreen system/exposure deal
Alex

Hopefully I'll never have to grow up and get a real job...

www.twincitytees.com

Offline Action1

« Reply #21 on: September 25, 2015, 08:34:01 AM »

Sportsman EX2020
Tri-light
Sprint dryer
Dip Tank.
Good Pressure washer.
Winged Floodbars.
Quartz flashes

The worst - Let me say, I don't think these products are bad. Just didn't end up being right for us:

Action LOC gauge. We have so much of their other stuff and love it. The LOC gauge I've spend countless hours with it. Never got it to work correctly.

Hi Jamie:

The LOC pallet is under redesign as I write. Please let me give you our UPS number to return the one you have. We'll give you a full credit. I never want one of our products to be on that list.

Erik

Offline stitches4815

• !!!
« Reply #22 on: September 25, 2015, 11:38:01 AM »
Best- S.Roque ECO

You actually admit to having Xpresscreen??  I must come out of the closet myself, we got duped into buying Xpresscreen.  In all fairness, they know they make a crap product, we just didn't do our homework.  Lesson learned.

Offline tonyt79

« Reply #23 on: September 25, 2015, 12:29:15 PM »
Best- S.Roque ECO

You actually admit to having Xpresscreen??  I must come out of the closet myself, we got duped into buying Xpresscreen.  In all fairness, they know they make a crap product, we just didn't do our homework.  Lesson learned.
Here also

Sent from my SM-N915T using Tapatalk

Offline Croft

« Reply #24 on: September 25, 2015, 03:02:31 PM »
best
sportsman auto
msp3140 from old flo tubes

worst

used harco 4 col press

Offline bimmridder

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #25 on: September 25, 2015, 03:08:15 PM »
Maybe not worst, and I think Tony will agree, an air operated solvent slinger, AKA Blade Runner.
Barth Gimble

Printing  (not well) for 35 years. Strong in licensed sports apparel. Plastisol printer. Located in Cedar Rapids, IA

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #26 on: September 25, 2015, 04:47:57 PM »
Best:
- Upgrade- From 6 color air Javelin with 2 stationary flashbacks to a  8 color Sabre with 2 roll in flashbacks... our efficiency went through the roof!!!!

-Going from a PC's to Apple

-Epic PC color matching system has been amazing.

- Epson 1430- Xante Screen Writer 5 just died on us, we went and got a 1430 and downloaded accurip free trial and were up and running film the same day our Xante died. I am amazed at how easy and clean it prints, 100% black, and clear films are much better than the frosted vellums.  I should of made the switch after the ScreenWriter 4 and saved about $1500!

Worst:
-SWF Single Head embroidery machine- absolute lemon, I will never buy SWF ever ever ever again!
-All the PC's that would crap out in less than a year!
-Xante Screen Writer 5

We had the ScreenWriter 3 when I visited another shop to check out the MHM press we eventually bought. They were running inkjet and I was blown away, just had to know how to do that.

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline inkbrigade

« Reply #27 on: September 25, 2015, 05:50:09 PM »

Sportsman EX2020
Tri-light
Sprint dryer
Dip Tank.
Good Pressure washer.
Winged Floodbars.
Quartz flashes

Hi Jamie:

The LOC pallet is under redesign as I write. Please let me give you our UPS number to return the one you have. We'll give you a full credit. I never want one of our products to be on that list.

Erik

Let me clarify for everyone. We have a LOT of stuff from Action and it's all been incredible. Erik and his team have always provided excellent support. Some of the best support in the industry. They make incredible products that make our shop more productive and profitable.
The issue with the LOC is we're a busy shop. We have two autos that run all day every day. The only down time they get is at night or on the weekend. This is the only time available for doing pallet / head levels.
Obviously the Action staff isn't working at midnight on a Wednesday night. So if i run into a problem I have to put everything back and call / email Action the next day. Then try what was suggested to by Action the next time I have some free time. Rinse and repeat.

The problem isn't with the LOC. The problem is with us and our available time to work on this. The leveling the pallets and heads is a long tedious process. I'm sure I'm goofing something up.

But the times I have available to tinker with this isn't conducive to getting real time support. It's not a pallet, or a flood bar. It's something that needs the press offline for a while to have this done.

I'm sure the LOC is good, otherwise Action wouldn't be producing it. The issue is me and the available time to use it while getting support on it. This is why it isn't a good product for us. Not that the product is bad.. It just wasn't working for Ink Brigade.

Same thing with the Squeegee cleaner. We bought it, but haven't found the time to put it into production. That's a good problem to have. Being to busy to correctly implement a new product. The problem is we spent money on it and haven't gotten a benefit from it yet. Which makes it not a good investment for us. But that's our problem, not the manufacturers.

Shur-loc and Action make great products! That's why we're customers! For whatever reasons we're just not getting the benefit from those products yet. Which made it a poor decision on our part. To be honest, I probably shouldn't have listed those products at all. But I felt I had to participate in the idea of what was great for us, and what has turned out to be not so useful currently.

I hope that clears things up for everyone.

-------------------------------
Wish List / Let me know if your selling any of the following:  Newman (Stretch Devices) Orange Screen Racks and Press Carts
Saturn Screen Racks / Press Cart

Offline TCT

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #28 on: September 25, 2015, 10:14:37 PM »
Best- S.Roque ECO

Hahahahahaha! Guy I sold mine to, has it on Craigslist 1 month later! :o
Alex

Hopefully I'll never have to grow up and get a real job...

www.twincitytees.com

Offline stitches4815

• !!!
« Reply #29 on: September 25, 2015, 10:17:58 PM »
Best- S.Roque ECO

Hahahahahaha! Guy I sold mine to, has it on Craigslist 1 month later! :o
We sold ours and when I got done buying a new exposure unit, screens, emulsion an scoop coater we had $68 left over.

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk