Author Topic: Workhorse quartz belt dryer.  (Read 1668 times)

Offline stitches4815

• !!!
Workhorse quartz belt dryer.
« on: October 06, 2015, 10:10:07 PM »
Since we got an automatic we have found our current dryer can't keep up.  So we are looking at a used Workhorse quartz dryer.  Anybody have any experience with these or knowledge?  The one I am looking at says that can do up to 600 shirts/hour.  I have never dealt with quartz, just IR and was wondering what the difference is.  Can you do WB or discharge with one of these?

Offline gtmfg

Re: Workhorse quartz belt dryer.
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2015, 10:23:01 PM »
We ran a workhorse 3011 with a sportsman. It worked but a little bigger is nice

Offline ABuffington

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2015, 12:17:33 PM »
If it has forced air it will discharge shirts, but typically belt speed is low for wb and discharge and capacity may drop, especially if you don't have a long tunnel in the oven.  We went to a 20' tunnel with dual burners to keep up with 2 autos running large wb prints to match press output.  Don't know what the cost of electricity is in your area but when we switched to gas fired ovens our electric bill dropped by 2/3.  Gas fired ovens are better for wb and discharge and can obtain cure without scorching the shirts.  On our electric oven the temp had to be so high to get discharge to work at press speeds that we burnt the shirts.  Black shirts looked fine until you stretched the fabric and they ripped apart due to overheating of the fabric.  White wb?  Catalysts help, but real easy to scorch the shirt to get good cure.  Fold over a wb white shirt and rub the ink on a white area, if you see color your cure is off.  This was the biggest issue with our electric oven.  Gas was so much easier and cheaper.

Al
Alan Buffington
Murakami Screen USA  - Technical Support and Sales
www.murakamiscreen.com

Offline abchung

• !!!
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2015, 08:30:48 PM »
We use to activate the discharge reaction with a heat press, until we found out the danger of the chemicals.
As I take it. The activator works best when there is still water in the ink. After it is discharged, then you will need hot force air to drive the water out. Once the water is out. The ink can then rise to 160 Celsius for curing.

Sent from my SM-G900H using Tapatalk

Offline jvanick

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2015, 08:54:50 PM »
Re: electric expenses:

we had a Workhorse 3011...  it cost us about $6/hr in electric costs to run it.

Our mini-sprint 2000 (10ft heat, 38" wide belt) costs about $1/hr to run.

if I had the room to add a few more 'drone' sections to it, I would, as the chamber is still too short for how fast we like to print waterbase/discharge jobs.