Author Topic: I made a $60 Screen Printing Cart  (Read 3480 times)

Offline caseycityhall

• Verified/Junior
  • Hi my name is Casey. I run a screen printing blog
I made a $60 Screen Printing Cart
« on: October 28, 2015, 11:51:42 AM »
Hey guys I'm new here. My name is Casey and I run a newish screen printing blog about trying to screen print from home.

I wanted to share this video I made showing how I turned a kitchen cart into a screen printing cart to mount my table top press to and it only cost $60.

http://www.startscreenprintingnow.com/diyprintingcart/

Offline whitewater

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: I made a $60 Screen Printing Cart
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2015, 06:37:09 PM »
love it dude!

Offline Shanarchy

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2015, 07:47:49 PM »
Nice job!

Offline caseycityhall

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2015, 09:51:02 PM »
Thanks a lot guys! Im lazy and cheap and that makes me resourceful

Sent from my XT1056 using Tapatalk

Offline LuckyFlyinROUSH

• !!!
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2015, 10:40:57 PM »
Turn around and start selling them on ebay. End up like Ryonet!
I spend too much money on equipment...

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2015, 10:43:10 AM »
You might want to put some weight on the back...i see it being tippy if your trying to put some pressure down.

Other than that it looks great.

I built one out of 2x4's and a hardboard top, really dang heavy.

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2015, 11:00:50 AM »
I just bought a little one color screen press to show up front, so far customers get a kick out of seeing it and that gives me a chance to explain the process to new customers who wonder why is this and that etc.  Oh and I agree with Brad put some weight on the backside for to keep it from tipping forward, looks great!!
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline caseycityhall

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2015, 01:04:04 PM »
Yeah I do use the bottom shelves for storage when I'm not using it and I was going to put something like sandbags on the bottom shelf when I first put it together because I feared that but so far it hasnt showed any signs of tipping.

This press is pretty low profile and the palette arm is super short so it doesnt stick out or up very far. Someone on gigposters dot com told me they were using the same thing for a four color table top press and they had to put a cinder block on the bottom shelf. But the press itself was very tall and the palette arms stuck out a lot farther and we agreed that the lower profile of the one color helped a lot.

But yeah just as a precaution I might put some weight down there just in case in the near future.

Thanks alot guys!!

Offline Itsa Little CrOoked

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2015, 01:33:13 PM »
I printed flat stock for YEARS on a single piece of 1/2" MDO (Medium Density Overlaid plywood) on sawhorses and a couple of hinge clamps for my wooden frames.  AND......I paid the bills.

I say Go Get 'em, Tiger! 

All the stuff I've made over the years seemed to work to one degree or the other, and it scratched an "itch" that I've always had to make stuff. I once repaired an Allis Chalmers Combine engine block 40 years ago with JB weld that every farm machinery and implement dealer I asked said couldn't be done. They were all wrong....

Right now, I'm modding my old infrared conveyer dryer with only 72 inches of heat, to be a little more waterbased friendly. It is a little Rube Goldberg-esque, but my oh my!... I'm down to 90 seconds of dwell and a HUGE amount of airflow. 4800 watts more heat was required to offset the air increase. 60 seconds even works sometimes.

Just do what you have to do, grasshoppah. Some youngsters can't even put on a spare tire! Work HARD at it and grow your biz. Read lots, and welcome aboard!

Offline caseycityhall

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2015, 06:41:07 PM »
I printed flat stock for YEARS on a single piece of 1/2" MDO (Medium Density Overlaid plywood) on sawhorses and a couple of hinge clamps for my wooden frames.  AND......I paid the bills.

I say Go Get 'em, Tiger! 

All the stuff I've made over the years seemed to work to one degree or the other, and it scratched an "itch" that I've always had to make stuff. I once repaired an Allis Chalmers Combine engine block 40 years ago with JB weld that every farm machinery and implement dealer I asked said couldn't be done. They were all wrong....

Right now, I'm modding my old infrared conveyer dryer with only 72 inches of heat, to be a little more waterbased friendly. It is a little Rube Goldberg-esque, but my oh my!... I'm down to 90 seconds of dwell and a HUGE amount of airflow. 4800 watts more heat was required to offset the air increase. 60 seconds even works sometimes.

Just do what you have to do, grasshoppah. Some youngsters can't even put on a spare tire! Work HARD at it and grow your biz. Read lots, and welcome aboard!
I really appreciate that! I was on the design side at a commercial screen printer for 7 years and hardly ever got to print but a handful of times. Always wanted to do it in my garage