Author Topic: Newbie needs advise on cleaners!  (Read 1400 times)

Offline AKsparrow

• Verified/Junior
Newbie needs advise on cleaners!
« on: November 08, 2015, 05:35:18 PM »
What is your best cleaners and for what??? I have Bean-e-doo products now. They seem to work well, no chemical smells and from what little research I've done online seems to be comparably priced with other products. Also, I have horrible build up on my platens- what do you use to clean them with??? Thanks!

Offline TCT

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: Newbie needs advise on cleaners!
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2015, 06:22:43 PM »
If you are taking about general cleaning, equipment cleaning and pallet cleaning, we use diluted Simple Green. Got that from a hot tip on the forum here! We use that stuff on LOTS of things!
Alex

Hopefully I'll never have to grow up and get a real job...

www.twincitytees.com

Offline AKsparrow

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2015, 09:50:21 PM »
Oh, I love simple green! That's a great tip for general stuff!

However, I am looking for tips on emulsion stripper, ink remover, ect... Are there other tricks of the trade I should know about?

What do I use to get ink out of screens on print (mid-job?) I seem to remember having to do this when I worked in a shop a million years ago...

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2015, 11:16:11 PM »
Oh, I love simple green! That's a great tip for general stuff!

However, I am looking for tips on emulsion stripper, ink remover, ect... Are there other tricks of the trade I should know about?

What do I use to get ink out of screens on print (mid-job?) I seem to remember having to do this when I worked in a shop a million years ago...

That chemical is called Press Wash, or On Press Wash and any of the brands should have one or more. I use CCI and they have a few. Mine is CG-2

Emulsion removers are almost all the same stuff and just come in different strengths to be diluted. It comes anywhere from Ready-to-Use, to 20:1
If you are having it shipped, the stronger you can get it, the less you'll be paying for shipping for its equivalent working strength quantities.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?