Author Topic: Platten storage  (Read 3158 times)

Offline kingscreen

• Gonzo Member
Platten storage
« on: November 14, 2015, 06:14:45 PM »
I want to built a rolling cart for (automatic) platen storage.  Has anyone built something they want to post photos of?
I am looking for design inspiration.  I'm wanting a rolling cart/shelving type set up, I think...
Scott Garnett
King Screen

Offline Racer Tees

Re: Platten storage
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2015, 03:25:40 AM »
I was in another shop a while back and they had all theirs on these rolling shelves.  Looked like they only set them up half height, and put the shelves close together though.  M&R bracket fits on the shelf nicely.

http://www.amazon.com/Seville-Classics-UltraZinc-5-Shelf-Shelving/dp/B00B7E8Y9M

Offline kingscreen

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2015, 02:14:30 PM »
Found my solution in another thread: http://www.theshirtboard.com/index.php/topic,5465.0.html
Thanks BP!
Scott Garnett
King Screen

Offline Maxie

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2015, 03:53:31 PM »
I am in the middle of building 2
One for adult sized platens and one to hold a youth size next to a sleeve platen.
I have 14 of each so it's much lower than the one in the picture.
I can use the top as a table.for loading or whatever.
I will be able to post a picture in a few weeks.
Maxie Garb.
T Max Designs.
Silk Screen Printers
www.tmax.co.il

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2016, 08:53:35 PM »
Hey Kingscreen, what rack did you use for this?  We built our screen racks with the cheaper ones, expanded with a wooden dowel but I didn't use them for platens because they didn't seem strong enough to hold all that weight.  Thanks.

Also, didn't action have a solution for this?   I couldn't find it on their site.

Offline ericheartsu

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2016, 09:31:14 PM »
i could be wrong, but that looks like the alloy america carts Pierre and I were talking about in another thread. They are from ebay!
Night Owls
Waterbased screen printing and promo products.
www.nightowlsprint.com 281.741.7285

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2016, 09:58:57 PM »
Cool, thanks. 

Offline kingscreen

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2016, 10:08:42 PM »
Hey Kingscreen, what rack did you use for this?  We built our screen racks with the cheaper ones, expanded with a wooden dowel but I didn't use them for platens because they didn't seem strong enough to hold all that weight.  Thanks.

Also, didn't action have a solution for this?   I couldn't find it on their site.

Alloy America (AA Frames). All I had to do was drill 4 new holes. Works perfectly.
Scott Garnett
King Screen

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2016, 10:10:23 PM »
Excellent, I just grabbed one off ebay.  No more platens leaned up against the wall!

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2016, 08:22:41 AM »
this is great, i just don't have the space for it...unless maybe i got my personal crap out of here.(finishing the basement at home and there is NO way i will rent a storage unit).

I had a guy stack platens horizontally on top of each other...with pretty fresh glue.  PITA.  I might work on something that fits into our existing shelving...if we have time this winter, which it isn't looking that way.  I'd rather have too little free time than too much for the shop.

Offline Prōdigium

• Something New Is Coming.....Prōdigium
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2016, 10:42:03 AM »
Long time ago I worked at a shop where the owner built a low level rolling cart that held them in edge under the dryer feed section. The PERFECT use for the space and right next to the press so you can slide the cart out and swap pallets from adult to sleeve on a 10 second dwell. Wish I had a pic to show, but much better than stacking up and having to push them all over the shop.
Nothing is more difficult than the art of maneuvering for advantageous positions.

Offline Zelko-4-EVA

« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2016, 10:59:53 AM »
Long time ago I worked at a shop where the owner built a low level rolling cart that held them in edge under the dryer feed section. The PERFECT use for the space and right next to the press so you can slide the cart out and swap pallets from adult to sleeve on a 10 second dwell. Wish I had a pic to show, but much better than stacking up and having to push them all over the shop.

ive had to tell our employees not to change platens while the machine was cycling.

combination of head supports, flash stands - - if the pallet dosent go on far enough it might hit the press parts.  10 seconds is a long dwell, but it contradicts our safety instructions to never put your body in the way of a press that is locked in and can cycle.