Author Topic: DTG Incoming....  (Read 10157 times)

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
DTG Incoming....
« on: November 24, 2015, 08:57:43 AM »
Just purchased the Brother GT-381.  Ive resisted DTG for the longest time but I think I can make it work well with our retail side, let's hope it goes smooth! Nazdar is handling the order for us and training. Thanks Peter/Tim/Charles!
Brandt | Graphic Disorder | www.GraphicDisorder.com
@GraphicDisorder - Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: DTG Incoming....
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2015, 09:04:50 AM »
You'll like it, it's not as simple as hit print though.

I can go over some things with you we've found work well.

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2015, 09:14:02 AM »
You'll like it, it's not as simple as hit print though.

I can go over some things with you we've found work well.

No doubt, we expect it wont be super easy. I hope its not a total PITA though.  We will probably be looking for any pointers anyone wants to give up!

Offline kingscreen

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2015, 09:23:24 AM »
What were some of the factors that made you go with Brother versus other brands/models?
Scott Garnett
King Screen

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2015, 09:28:57 AM »
What were some of the factors that made you go with Brother versus other brands/models?

Over the years was not happy with white over all on most machines including past brother machines, brother still isn't perfect but its a hell of a lot closer than most I have seen. Banding, most have bad banding that I have seen.  I watched a few being printed at SGIA by the brother and was impressed as well as samples I have gotten off it. I think that its one of the more popular machines for a reason, quality and value for dollar is pretty hard to beat.

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2015, 10:09:09 AM »
You have to get a scale.. J/k :)

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2015, 10:29:42 AM »
You have to get a scale.. J/k :)

We've had a mixing system for around a year or so now with a scale. Soon as there was a need magically it showed up, hard concept I know. ;) 

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2015, 12:30:35 PM »
Why did I  know you would pull the trigger on a DTG this quick LOL, I'm still looking at what we want didn't know it was going to be so much homework, why didn't you like the new M&R MLink it looks pretty good, but like all the rest it still has to prove itself.  Right now the Epson is one of our top machine's and the Anajet we did like the Kornit but dam those fellers are pricey.
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2015, 12:42:29 PM »
Why did I  know you would pull the trigger on a DTG this quick LOL, I'm still looking at what we want didn't know it was going to be so much homework, why didn't you like the new M&R MLink it looks pretty good, but like all the rest it still has to prove itself.  Right now the Epson is one of our top machine's and the Anajet we did like the Kornit but dam those fellers are pricey.

Haha.  The MLink was 2x the price if I am not mistaken. That would put it outside the logic for what ill use this for.  Brother is hard to beat for the money. 

Offline pwalsh

• !!!
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2015, 02:30:51 PM »
Just purchased the Brother GT-381.  Ive resisted DTG for the longest time but I think I can make it work well with our retail side, let's hope it goes smooth! Nazdar is handling the order for us and training. Thanks Peter/Tim/Charles!

Brandt:  Thank you for your business, and for putting your trust in Nazdar SourceOne as a supplier partner to Graphic Disorder as you add Digital Direct To Garment Printing to your companies Product and Service offering.  I'm confident that Tim will smooth out any bumps along the way to get the machine to your facility, and then Charles will take over to provide you with great support with installation, training, and support after the sale. 

And as always there's that Australian guy you can call if you need any other assistance or support.  One challenge that a lot of "scree-printing" companies that introduce DTG printing to their process is to get a handle on what their true production costs are.  Please see attached some examples of Screen Print vs. DTG production costs that were generated by our Cost Comparison Calculator.

I’ve tried to provide an option to compare DTG on White shirts using only CMYK and for dark shirts with the addition of pre-treatment, white ink, and extended printing times.  For comparison purposes I’ve included examples that compare screen-print vs. DTG production for a four color print on white and dark shirts at (18) or (36) print quantities.  I hope that this information is of some value. If you or anyone else is interested feel free to drop me an email with your contact info and I'll send the Excel file across and you can crank your own numbers.

Peter
« Last Edit: November 24, 2015, 03:39:33 PM by pwalsh »
Peter G. Walsh - Executive Vice President
The M&R Companies - Roselle, IL USA
Email:  peter.walsh@mrprint.com
Office 847-410-3445 / Cell 913-579-6662

Offline DannyGruninger

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2015, 03:31:18 PM »

Haha.  The MLink was 2x the price if I am not mistaken. That would put it outside the logic for what ill use this for.  Brother is hard to beat for the money.

Son, you done focked up not buying the xlink x........ From what I've seen that x link is wayyyyyyyyyyy faster then the brother plus you got the m&r service which is hard to beat.... I bet you'll be buying one in a year from now  8)

Danny Gruninger
Denver Print House / Lakewood Colorado
https://www.instagram.com/denverprinthouse

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2015, 04:35:09 PM »
Brother's service network ain't bad either, best part is, you shouldn't need it.

You can buy 2 GT's for the price of 1 M-link.  That's a big difference.

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2015, 05:21:02 PM »
Between the M-Link and the Kornit Breeze they are kind of pricey you can buy a nice auto for the cost, don't know about the price on the M-link but that dam breeze is 60k something.
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2015, 05:40:36 PM »

Son, you done focked up not buying the xlink x........ From what I've seen that x link is wayyyyyyyyyyy faster then the brother plus you got the m&r service which is hard to beat.... I bet you'll be buying one in a year from now  8)

Lets hope I have that problem in a year or less.  I'm almost out of equipment to buy at this point. Let's see, maybe a second auto next year...maybe another 6 head embroidery machines but honestly what else could I really need?

Offline ffokazak

« Reply #14 on: November 24, 2015, 06:00:44 PM »
Whats the second auto going to be Brandt? Another CHIIID?