Author Topic: New(to me) equipment  (Read 2851 times)

Offline TCT

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
New(to me) equipment
« on: December 03, 2015, 03:03:40 PM »
Over the last few months we got some new equipment here and I haven't posted a "just hit the dock" post because all of it is used and I had a undertaking getting everything coordinated, installed and up and working. Now that we are back to functioning with everything thought I would put up some pics as I know how everyone loves shop/equipment pics!

Item 1 M&R I-image "Rocket Launcher" Guess, it KIND OF  makes me a member of team blue? You know, like someone they have down in the farm league ;D Since it is used and all I'd only be a partial member, I'd never expect the fancy blazers I hear the other cool members get, but maybe if you guys have a pair of shorts, I'd go for those.... ;D

As you can see it was not exactly EASY getting it in here and in place... May want to sit down for these, I admit they are pretty hillbilly!

Then after I got it up and running the other day, I made my own little "hack". We run 3 sizes of frames and I thought buying 3 pusher frames was a waste, so I modified the one it came with. Now 1 pusher frame is adaptable!

Also picked up a S.Roque YOU 8 color 10 station to stream line things between presses here!

Alex

Hopefully I'll never have to grow up and get a real job...

www.twincitytees.com

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
Re: New(to me) equipment
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2015, 03:43:59 PM »
Congrats on the growth.
Brandt | Graphic Disorder | www.GraphicDisorder.com
@GraphicDisorder - Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube

Offline LoneWolf2

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2015, 03:59:35 PM »
That sure is a funny looking shade of blue!
Congrats!

Offline GaryG

• !!!
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2015, 04:35:27 PM »
Excellent!

The $50K hoist, whoo hoo - whoo hoo hoo (like the old commercial)

Wow an inkjet printer with an "Emergency Stop" button.

Offline bimmridder

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2015, 04:45:48 PM »
All right, I'm coming up to visit you now. Maybe I can see the Marcodie that's in that area  too
Barth Gimble

Printing  (not well) for 35 years. Strong in licensed sports apparel. Plastisol printer. Located in Cedar Rapids, IA

Offline GKitson

• Just another t-shirt guy
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2015, 05:27:21 PM »
All right, I'm coming up to visit you now. Maybe I can see the Marcodie that's in that area  too

I like the idea of road trip too!

Perhaps the TSB Christmas Kegger should be at TCT?

Anybody else on board?
Greg Kitson
Mind's Eye Graphics Inc.
260-724-2050

Offline TCT

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2015, 05:36:45 PM »
Hahahahahaha! I'd sure host the kegger, but as you guys can see we have room for about 15 people total! ;)

Plus you guys are talking road trip the time of year everyone is trying to get out of here!!!
Alex

www.twincitytees.com

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2015, 05:54:31 PM »
Yeah, I want NOTHING to do with Minnesota during December (or anywhere close to December)!

Is that You used?  (or is it spelled Yoused?)

It looks freaking CLEAN!!!

I do love that picture with the sun behind it... who took that... that ain't no amateur!

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2015, 06:23:21 PM »

I like the idea of road trip too!

Perhaps the TSB Christmas Kegger should be at TCT?

Anybody else on board?
Well, with Barth coming, one keg will not be enough. He'll need one for himself!

Pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline Shanarchy

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2015, 06:27:06 PM »
Dang Alex! Way to show me up!

Congrats on the latest additions and growth!

Offline TCT

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2015, 06:27:14 PM »
December isn't that bad, usually around 30 or so during the day:D January/February is where the frost starts showing up on the inside of the door
 And that icicle you were so proud of outside your shop last year, that happens when you pour out a glass of water or spit!

The YOU is used. It egad the R&D/Demo unit at Matsui. M&R have them a free dryer and I think exposure unit. Plus a new "top of the line M&R auto" every 2 years.... So I was able to pick up a 2 year old machine with 50k impressions and 3 flashes for about half price!

Stan(works at the shop) took the pic. He is real talented. Very good artist, and does some crazy wood cut prints too!
Alex

www.twincitytees.com

Offline TCT

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2015, 06:33:20 PM »

Ha! Not nearly! My stuff is all used, taken care of, but still not that brand new smell! ;D

If it wasn't for a chance encounter and me taking a random day off to cut a tree down, your machine would of been in my shop! ;D
Alex

www.twincitytees.com

Offline Shanarchy

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2015, 08:07:16 PM »

Ha! Not nearly! My stuff is all used, taken care of, but still not that brand new smell! ;D

If it wasn't for a chance encounter and me taking a random day off to cut a tree down, your machine would of been in my shop! ;D

Well this way we both were able to get a great deal!

God bless the trees!

Offline LuckyFlyinROUSH

• !!!
« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2015, 08:14:44 PM »
Congrats! If there are slightly used deals that's where the good savings are! Not too old to be mis-treated!

Whats with the planks under the press? Un-stable floor?
I spend too much money on equipment...

Offline 244

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2015, 08:27:06 PM »
December isn't that bad, usually around 30 or so during the day:D January/February is where the frost starts showing up on the inside of the door
 And that icicle you were so proud of outside your shop last year, that happens when you pour out a glass of water or spit!

The YOU is used. It egad the R&D/Demo unit at Matsui. M&R have them a free dryer and I think exposure unit. Plus a new "top of the line M&R auto" every 2 years.... So I was able to pick up a 2 year old machine with 50k impressions and 3 flashes for about half price!

Stan(works at the shop) took the pic. He is real talented. Very good artist, and does some crazy wood cut prints too!
We supply most if not all of the ink companies with equipment for usually 11 months and then change it out to the newest version of their choice. This way it allows them to test inks,etc on the product most people will use as well as give people in the industry a chance to buy discounted equipment with low impressions on them.
Rich Hoffman