Author Topic: shopworx  (Read 3001 times)

Online ericheartsu

• Gonzo Member
shopworx
« on: January 04, 2016, 10:18:52 PM »
For those of you that use shopworx, can you please try and sell me on it? I've been dragging my feet for months on this software, and frankly I hate everything about it.

I understand how there are alot of functions that could be helpful to our shop, but I cannot justify the price. The software is not easy to use, it doesn't seem to be operator friendly, and i hate that it's built in filemaker.

am i missing something?
Night Owls
Waterbased screen printing and promo products.
www.nightowlsprint.com 281.741.7285

Offline DannyGruninger

• Gonzo Member
Re: shopworx
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2016, 10:30:16 PM »
For me it's a love hate with shopworx! It does almost everything we need(plus more) but the physical appearance of the interface is something that really bugs me. I can give you a ring this week if you want to know more about specifics but I will say the more I use shopworx the more I'm glad it's what we use. I'm getting ready to start linking tablets and monitors up in my shop so we will see how that goes. Let me know if you want me to call you up on it
Danny Gruninger
Denver Print House / Lakewood Colorado
https://www.instagram.com/denverprinthouse

Online ericheartsu

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2016, 10:50:10 PM »
For me it's a love hate with shopworx! It does almost everything we need(plus more) but the physical appearance of the interface is something that really bugs me. I can give you a ring this week if you want to know more about specifics but I will say the more I use shopworx the more I'm glad it's what we use. I'm getting ready to start linking tablets and monitors up in my shop so we will see how that goes. Let me know if you want me to call you up on it

just emailed you.
Night Owls

Offline T Shirt Farmer

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2016, 08:30:12 AM »
We installed Shopworx our self's over the holiday and just started pushing orders through it yesterday, after the FRICKEN YEAR OF HELL we have been through with ShopVox this platform rocks it although I agree with Danny that it is not very pretty to look at.
Robert
allpremiums.com
Your Source for Decorated Apparel.

Offline dirkdiggler

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2016, 04:25:07 PM »
used it for 14 years, it is good, but like already said, UGLY!
If he gets up, we'll all get up, IT'LL BE ANARCHY!-John Bender

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2016, 04:41:39 PM »
What really crushed me about shopworx was how ugly it is on the client side.  Ugly on our side is no problem but for godsakes we're in the business of selling design here; having invoices and approvals that look like they were made on a 90s word processor is NOT a good look.

That and getting the trial to run on osx almost didn't happen...I didn't feel that was a good sign.

Is shopworx tablet/device compatible now?  That is, on both client and shop side.

Online ericheartsu

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2016, 04:47:40 PM »
What really crushed me about shopworx was how ugly it is on the client side.  Ugly on our side is no problem but for godsakes we're in the business of selling design here; having invoices and approvals that look like they were made on a 90s word processor is NOT a good look.

That and getting the trial to run on osx almost didn't happen...I didn't feel that was a good sign.

Is shopworx tablet/device compatible now?  That is, on both client and shop side.

apparently it is tablet friendly. I haven't had a chance to try it on a tablet yet, but i am going to this week. It still seems like it's a remote desktop connection though to make it work. I could be wrong though, but that's what it seems like to me thus far.
Night Owls

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2016, 04:54:45 PM »
Yeah, it's coming back to me now, a lot of Filemaker Go I believe.  It just seems like such a workaround considering how smooth web based is in comparison.

Offline ebscreen

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2016, 06:35:15 PM »
Filemaker Go only available on Apple products, no port to Android due to spite.
Even still, severely crippled vs. desktop, many features likely won't work on mobile, though
probably not necessary for where you'd use a mobile device.

Likely better to have FM serve a web page and access via browser.

Online ericheartsu

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2016, 07:39:34 PM »
i've been on the "demo" version of shopworx for about two weeks. At least half of that time it's the holidays, so i haven't really been able to mess around with it. The past two days i've been trying to get some help on how to even set up an invoice. So far, both times my rep has emailed me back telling me where to look, they've been in and on places that are not accessible on the demo.
Night Owls

Offline shaneds

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2016, 09:09:15 AM »
after the FRICKEN YEAR OF HELL we have been through with ShopVox

Shirt Farmer,  May I ask you why Shopvox was so bad for you? I am working through a months demo -