Author Topic: needle size Question  (Read 1178 times)

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
needle size Question
« on: January 06, 2016, 03:58:59 PM »
Need some advice here, trying to sew some small fonts looks OK but I know it can be better and making the font lager won't work in this case.  Question is I'm using a 75/11 sharp point needle, would it be better to use a different needle maybe smaller for small font's and if so what size needle would you recommend.

d
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline GaryG

• !!!
Re: needle size Question
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2016, 04:21:55 PM »
65/9 is a start.
Digitizing for small lettering is key.

Offline ftembroidery

• !!!
  • Just got new glasses, but I'm still disillusioned
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2016, 04:50:58 PM »
We use 65/9 needles for everything.  When sewing small lettering or detials we use 60# thread (remember to increase your density for 60#).  We are looking forward to also trying Madeira's 75# thread.
Grant me the ability to change the things I can, the strength to accept the things I cannot and the wisdom to recognize the difference.

Offline mooseman

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2016, 06:28:05 PM »
65/9 needles stay away from Organ needles as I believe they have a wider eye than most needles other wise they are OK.
Groes/bekert seem to work best for us.
Think about slowing the machine a little and check your tensions to0 be sure they are not too tight.
depending on what you are sewing on fabric wise you might try hitting the garment with a heat press before hooping to kind of flatten the set the fabric. Also some topping mig also help.

And most important is the quality of the digitizing.
mooseman
DUE TO CIRCUMSTANCES COMPLETELY WITHIN MY CONTROL YOU SHOULD GET YOUR OWN TEE SHIRT AND A SHARPIE MARKER BY NOON TOMORROW OR SIMPLY CALL SOMEONE WHO GIVES A SHIRT.

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2016, 07:48:39 PM »
And most important is the quality of the digitizing.   In this case I'm f'd LOL I do most our digitizing.....thanks all I when to the local embroidery shop and bought some 65/9 @ ftembroidery will have to try 60# next time, the guy at the store told me to do about 80% on density with the thread I,m using R/A.
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!