Author Topic: Voodoo Octoberfest at the SGIA  (Read 2141 times)

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
Voodoo Octoberfest at the SGIA
« on: October 11, 2011, 07:29:49 PM »
Anybody going to this? I just heard about it from Rick Roth, it should be fun! I'll be there!

Are you going to attend SGIA New Orleans next week? (October 19-21) If you are, or you happen to be in New Orleans not attending the show, don’t miss the event of the year!

What is it: A rockin’ fun party organized by Mirror Image and Jakprints and sponsored by Hanes along with secondary sponsors including Rutland, Kiwo, Hirsch, Printwear, Easiway Systems and more.  Immediately following the SGIA show, right across the street from the convention center, and all proceeds to benefit the New Orleans Musician’s Clinic.

When: October 20, 5pm to 8pm (right after SGIA) across from the convention center at the club they call the Howlin Wolf.

Music:The legendary New Orleans treasure Irma Thomas (wow!) The Hot 8 Brass Band (One of the hottest bands right now in New Orleans and the rest of the Country, featured on Treme, the HBO series.)Davis Rogan (The real life man who the main character in Treme is based on. He doesn’t play perform often, this is a special occasion.) Other musical guests TBA

Eats: Good home style red beans and rice and Jambalaya

Cause: Your ticket purchase will benefit the New Orleans Musician’s Clinic which keeps the music alive in Lousiana.
Don’t miss out-get your tickets here.

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline jsheridan

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: Voodoo Octoberfest at the SGIA
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2011, 08:21:19 PM »
Kinda bummed to miss the sgia again, Now I wish I was going to the show even more..

Working for Rick was a turning point for my career and I'd like to shake his hand and thank him again.

Blacktop Graphics Screenprinting and Consulting Services