Author Topic: Cheap poly white  (Read 4390 times)

Offline noortrd

Cheap poly white
« on: April 05, 2016, 01:16:50 PM »
Is there any cheap polywhite ? All poly white so expensive.

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: Cheap poly white
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2016, 01:26:13 PM »
cheap and good don't usually go together.  Poly whites are about the worst cheap ink to print with.  You need a chisel instead of a putty knife to get it out of the bucket.

That being said, OneStroke 357 is amazing ink.  Yes it's pricey, but it prints like a dream.

As far as cheap ink goes, try Rutland Poly White...Ours sits here unused because 357 prints so well.

Offline Prosperi-Tees

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Common Sense - Get Some
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2016, 02:24:11 PM »
Rutland Super Poly probably the cheapest but I hate it. Wilflex top score I love and prints excellent and cures under 300

Offline Shanarchy

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2016, 02:43:50 PM »
Poly ink is the worst. We just started using Wilflex Top Score. Not the cheapest, not the most expensive ($93/gal). But printed VERY well and easily for us.

Miami Ink poly white will probably be coming in on the cheaper side. $62/gal but it prints kinda like glue.

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2016, 03:55:24 PM »
IN MY OPINION, One Stroke makes the best poly white and they have quite a few choices.  The best bleed blocker is .357, then the Bravo Flex is excellent, but the most affordable and effective poly is probably their Production White.  It flashes so fast and has almost no tack.  Not really any puff either. 
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it -T.J.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it -T.P.

Offline kingscreen

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2016, 04:06:48 PM »
We use Top Score and like it a lot compared to others we have used in the past.  Nazdar sells it for $76.77/Gallon, btw.
https://sourceone.nazdar.com/P/3780/LBFF11000-Epic-Top-Score-11000-White
Scott Garnett
King Screen

Offline Shanarchy

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2016, 04:35:09 PM »
We use Top Score and like it a lot compared to others we have used in the past.  Nazdar sells it for $76.77/Gallon, btw.
https://sourceone.nazdar.com/P/3780/LBFF11000-Epic-Top-Score-11000-White

Whoa! Good to know!

Offline Printficient

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2016, 05:43:29 PM »
I guess my answer to this is what is the cost of the shirt that just bled because of literally pennies worth of ink on it?  If you run poly at the same dryer settings as cotton then it pretty much does not matter how much it is.  Cheap or expensive it will most likely bleed.
Shop-Doc "I make house calls"
Procedure Video Training
Press Inspections
Tips and Tricks Training
404-895-1796 Sonny McDonald

Offline Prosperi-Tees

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Common Sense - Get Some
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2016, 06:42:41 PM »
Wow that's cheap. That's not like Nazdar.

Offline LuckyFlyinROUSH

• !!!
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2016, 08:06:01 PM »
We love Rutland Super Poly white. Very easy to flash print on top of. It has decent bleed blocking ability, but for anything we know is going to bleed we throw down a barrier base. All badger stuff we have a problem with, and any of those new dye sub camo hex designs we have to use a black base.
I spend too much money on equipment...

Offline Printficient

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2016, 07:28:23 AM »
Another thing you can do is run the shirts down the dryer a couple of times BEFORE printing.  This will basically "relock" for lack of the technical term which escapes my mind at the moment, the dye at the temp of your dryer.  When you put ink on the shirt it will be slightly hotter than without as the ink requires more energy and thus causes the temp of the shirt to be higher.  This is not a solution all the time but does give you a better chance to avoid bleeding.
Shop-Doc "I make house calls"
Procedure Video Training
Press Inspections
Tips and Tricks Training
404-895-1796 Sonny McDonald

Offline Ross_S

« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2016, 08:03:24 AM »
One Stroke ELT white.  I dropped Top Score for this ink and haven't looked back since.  Top Score was tacky after flash and the ELT will blow it a way but it's not cheap ($129/gallon)

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2016, 08:10:47 AM »
some of these choices might not be available in South East Asia where he is located. Also the price of garments and labor is different there which changes the priorities and equations.  .  .

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline XG Print

« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2016, 09:47:53 AM »
IN MY OPINION, One Stroke makes the best poly white and they have quite a few choices.  The best bleed blocker is .357, then the Bravo Flex is excellent, but the most affordable and effective poly is probably their Production White.  It flashes so fast and has almost no tack.  Not really any puff either.

In your opinion would the Production white be a good choice for trying to use on everything?  I've been contemplating buying a 5 of this and using for everything.  Hard to do when the cotton white I have been using runs about $220 a 5 but I would so love to have 1 white for everything.  What do you think?

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2016, 11:05:45 AM »
I personally would go 357.  About the only thing here it wouldn't block was digital sublimation.

Pierre is right, availability in Asia might be the hard part.  Rutland Super Poly White might be the best choice then.