Author Topic: Saving money with discharge and a CCI update  (Read 4267 times)

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
Saving money with discharge and a CCI update
« on: October 21, 2011, 01:18:03 PM »
Well there goes the weekend. 20,000 black shirts just hit, two sided print so 40K impressions need in five days. White ink. At first the blank was going to be Next Level which don't typically discharge well. Then due to lack of availability switched to Gildan. Yay! One screen, nothing to register, set up in seconds, one pass, no flash, no flash dwell. Ink cost reduced by 65%. Saved on electricity. 

BTW a little bird told me CCI is actively working on pigments. Should be available in 2-3 months. And they will be sold in dispensible containers.
Erin are you reading this?

Offline Screened Gear

• Gonzo Member
Re: Saving money with discharge and a CCI update
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2011, 01:20:32 PM »
That is a great Job. Is CCI discharge better than Matsui?
« Last Edit: October 21, 2011, 01:24:56 PM by Screened Gear »

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2011, 01:27:01 PM »
Hmm, next level doesn't discharge well.  that is good to know.

Tony, do you change off contact for discharge?

Offline JBLUE

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2011, 01:36:38 PM »
Well there goes the weekend. 20,000 black shirts just hit, two sided print so 40K impressions need in five days. White ink. At first the blank was going to be Next Level which don't typically discharge well. Then due to lack of availability switched to Gildan. Yay! One screen, nothing to register, set up in seconds, one pass, no flash, no flash dwell. Ink cost reduced by 65%. Saved on electricity. 

BTW a little bird told me CCI is actively working on pigments. Should be available in 2-3 months. And they will be sold in dispensible containers.
Erin are you reading this?

I heard the same thing from my Rep.
www.inkwerksspd.com

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid...... Ben Franklin

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2011, 01:48:16 PM »
Can't say across the board but yes so far on the Next lLevel. Plus they like to play the bait and switch at times. Matsui has fine products but they tend to over complicate things with additives and modifiers. With CCI, Rutland, Wilflex, and others it's Base+Pigment+Activator. Add water as necessary. It's stupid quick and easy. And CCI has the best and cheapest white and base ever made IMO. Around $27 per gallon for the white.
$22 for the base. No need to change off contact either.

Offline Screened Gear

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2011, 01:58:47 PM »
Can't say across the board but yes so far on the Next lLevel. Plus they like to play the bait and switch at times. Matsui has fine products but they tend to over complicate things with additives and modifiers. With CCI, Rutland, Wilflex, and others it's Base+Pigment+Activator. Add water as necessary. It's stupid quick and easy. And CCI has the best and cheapest white and base ever made IMO. Around $27 per gallon for the white.

Wow that is cheap. Thanks for the info.

Offline brandon

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2011, 02:16:23 PM »

Absolutely. It is the best and the cheapest at that. Works great. And yeah, Next Levels are always a pain with discharge. Hold next to a Gildan or AA and they are waaaay off in color.

Offline Screened Gear

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2011, 02:33:45 PM »

Absolutely. It is the best and the cheapest at that. Works great. And yeah, Next Levels are always a pain with discharge. Hold next to a Gildan or AA and they are waaaay off in color.

Is that all the colors? They call the black shirt "Discharge - Black"?

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2011, 03:45:02 PM »
tony, I would love to stop by your shop sometime.  I might even buy you lunch and let you drive my Camry...or the 1992 conversion van.  ;D

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2011, 03:48:19 PM »
Sure but lets wait till I get this order out por favor........lets talk next week.
tp

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2011, 04:18:39 PM »
Well Tony there goes your Football weekend, but I would rather make money too have fun!!!!

D

Hey Tony where you getting 20,000 black tees?, hell we can't hardly get 100 black tees from our suppliers.  black has been the color so far this year what gives.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2011, 04:25:15 PM by 3Deep »
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline Northland

« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2011, 04:57:40 PM »
Well Tony there goes your Football weekend, but I would rather make money too have fun!!!!

D

Hey Tony where you getting 20,000 black tees?, hell we can't hardly get 100 black tees from our suppliers.  black has been the color so far this year what gives.

Hey D..... I just checked S&S (Chicago)... they have over 50,000 in each size (S to 2XL). Price $2.64 and free shipping.

Offline ebscreen

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2011, 05:50:56 PM »
Hell yes on the pigments!!!!

Damn near close to one supplier. Really my only other consumables are pallet paper
and tape.

Offline Prosperi-Tees

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Common Sense - Get Some
« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2011, 07:42:27 PM »
Where do you buy that for $27 a gallon? The only place I found it online is Ryonet and they want mid 40s

Offline squeegee

« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2011, 07:47:39 PM »
Nazdar perhaps? 
« Last Edit: October 22, 2011, 08:51:39 AM by squeegee »