Author Topic: (Video) Proud of my employees  (Read 4013 times)

Offline jvieira

(Video) Proud of my employees
« on: May 30, 2016, 07:27:14 PM »
A couple weeks ago I saw an employee of mine with a GoPro on her head. I thought it was strange and clearly she was filming what she was doing. I didn't think much of it as she is one of the persons I would trust the company with if I had an issue and had to go away for days/weeks. She's also an artist and I know she enjoys making videos and taking pictures as we've both made them together in the past.

On Saturday I got an email from her with a link to a video that I am now posting on this thread. I was baffled by it. It's not something I asked her to do but she went out of her way to make a video of a couple days worth of work. Not only that, everyone in the production floor pitched in recording a few minutes of their own work. She finished it off with the montage and sent it to me to post on social media as a way to promote the company

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjnL4DkVNzo

This has really touched me and I am making sure the gets a raise next month. To me, this is a model employee, someone we would all love to have working WITH/for us, clearly not someone working just for the pay check.

Just thought I'd share, I am extremely happy with how things are going for us this year. Everyone seems happy and we're growing twice as fast as we did last year and with less issues.

Offline jvanick

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: (Video) Proud of my employees
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2016, 07:34:34 PM »
this is awesome...  Nice video, and very cool that she was willing to take the extra step helping grow your business.

Offline Prosperi-Tees

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Common Sense - Get Some
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2016, 07:37:39 PM »
Very cool! Get them a proper tape gun lol. That's bad for the teeth

Offline bpfohler

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2016, 08:37:11 PM »
I'd can her a**..   and send her to me :D

Great video, you should post it to your website/FB page.   Also when we have an employee who does a great thing like this I try and free up a half day (Monday or Friday is best)  and give them half a day off with pay and I cover the remainder of the shift.  It not only rewards them and makes them feel valuable it keeps me fresh.

Offline jvanick

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2016, 10:24:26 PM »

Great video, you should post it to your website/FB page.   Also when we have an employee who does a great thing like this I try and free up a half day (Monday or Friday is best)  and give them half a day off with pay and I cover the remainder of the shift.  It not only rewards them and makes them feel valuable it keeps me fresh.

This!!!!! ^^^^^

Awesome suggestion.

Offline Maxie

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2016, 01:22:25 AM »
Great video, youd pay a lot to have this done professionally.
She's very creative.
Maxie Garb.
T Max Designs.
Silk Screen Printers
www.tmax.co.il

Offline jvieira

« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2016, 04:25:37 AM »
Very cool! Get them a proper tape gun lol. That's bad for the teeth

They have a few, none of them likes them for some reason. I gave up on forcing them to use them.

Offline jvieira

« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2016, 04:29:08 AM »

ahahah and that's why I'm posting this on an American (mostly) forum, so no one steals her away from me :P
I asked her permission and shared it on Facebook and all through our social media.

I'm giving her a raise for all her effort. Not only for this but for everything she's been doing to and for the company for the last few years (she was our first hire ever).
ATM giving her a half day off wouldn't do much good as she's our entire design team, her work would only increase.

Offline GKitson

• Just another t-shirt guy
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2016, 08:04:21 AM »

I'm giving her a raise for all her effort. Not only for this but for everything she's been doing to and for the company for the last few years (she was our first hire ever).

The quicker you can give her a raise the better and make sure she understands why she is getting it.  Getting a raise at the end of the month, quarter, year may be more logical for you but the closer to her action the better,  I like the idea of gift cards that can be handed out within minutes of being recognized for superior performance,

My 2 cents
Greg Kitson
Mind's Eye Graphics Inc.
260-724-2050

Offline screenprintguy

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Constantly thanking the Lord!
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2016, 01:08:44 PM »
The coolest part of this is that you have a team member who cares about your shop and her position so much that she would do this. I agree, you should pull her aside, let her know how much it means to you, and tell her about the raise you are putting into effect. She lit the spark, just turn it into a flame and make her roar.Looks like she could really be a great morale booster for the rest as well! 10 years, we've yet to have anyone come in like this, I only pray for such an employee.
Evolutionary Screen Printing & Embroidery
3521 Waterfield Parkway Lakeland, Fl. 33803 www.evolutionaryscreenprinting.com

Offline jvieira

« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2016, 01:37:49 PM »
The coolest part of this is that you have a team member who cares about your shop and her position so much that she would do this. I agree, you should pull her aside, let her know how much it means to you, and tell her about the raise you are putting into effect. She lit the spark, just turn it into a flame and make her roar.Looks like she could really be a great morale booster for the rest as well! 10 years, we've yet to have anyone come in like this, I only pray for such an employee.

She is a great worker, I can honestly say this business would not be where it is at without her. She's one in a million, really and I would do everything to keep her happy and working with us (which is not easy given we're a small business).

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2016, 01:41:23 PM »

She is a great worker, I can honestly say this business would not be where it is at without her. She's one in a million, really and I would do everything to keep her happy and working with us (which is not easy given we're a small business).

all the big business were small business at some point in time. It's ppl like her that allow the growth to a bigger  business!

pierre

EDIT: changed a typo (like HERE to HER)
« Last Edit: May 31, 2016, 02:36:53 PM by blue moon »
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline screenprintguy

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Constantly thanking the Lord!
« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2016, 02:19:56 PM »

all the big business were small business at some point in time. It's ppl like here that allow the growth to a bigger  business!

pierre

Well put!!
Evolutionary Screen Printing & Embroidery
3521 Waterfield Parkway Lakeland, Fl. 33803 www.evolutionaryscreenprinting.com

Offline bimmridder

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2016, 03:20:33 PM »
Clone that girl!!!
Barth Gimble

Printing  (not well) for 35 years. Strong in licensed sports apparel. Plastisol printer. Located in Cedar Rapids, IA