Author Topic: QuickBooks Online and shop management program questions  (Read 1700 times)

Offline Shanarchy

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
QuickBooks Online and shop management program questions
« on: June 07, 2016, 01:10:09 PM »
I'll start with the easy part; Quickbooks. I currently have Quickbooks Pro 2014. In an effort to be able to do more remotely, I got QuickBooks Online. Problem I immediately ran into is I can't seem to add columns to the invoice templates (I do product #, Color, Size, Description, Qty, Price, Total). Is this not a feature in the online version, or can I just not figure it out? How are other people formatting their invoice templates?

The next thing I'm considering is adding a shop management software to my shop. Again, I'd like to have something cloud based so I can work remotely.

I'd like to be able to use this to:

Make quotes easier. I'm imagining something where it has your vendor catalog uploaded so you just have to select the products and it will allow for a much quicker quoting process than conventional e-mail where I have to type everything out from scratch, include links to products, etc.

Use this for creating invoices. As opposed to trying to format a special QB template I would imagine this would offer me a much nicer invoicing options.

As I get more involved I'd like to be able to create work orders first, which would then be converted to invoices and use it to help me keep production more organized as I grow. I am very small so I really don't NEED that part, but it would be nice to start working that way now as I do plan to grow and add workers.

We also offer banners/wide format printing and heat press type stuff. We plan to eventually expand it to embroidery. So if it can also be equipped to help cover those bases that would also be great.

Thoughts and suggestions? I'd like to keep these at a low price being that we are still very small volume here.

Does the back end of the ink soft software allow for any of this stuff?

Offline mimosatexas

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • contributor
Re: QuickBooks Online and shop management program questions
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2016, 01:14:04 PM »
I use quickbooks online.  You are pretty limited in the invoice editing department unfortunately.  I just add sizes in the description field, separated by comma's.  May not work for you of course, but was the easiest way for me.