Author Topic: AnaJet MP5  (Read 3852 times)

Offline Brendan Kincaid

AnaJet MP5
« on: June 22, 2016, 01:06:38 PM »
Recently purchased an Anajet MP5 and working on building up my business. Discuss issues as well as tricks with the DTG printer as well as business development ideas.

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
Re: AnaJet MP5
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2016, 01:20:08 PM »
Welcome to the forum Brendan.
Some of what you are looking for will be in the business section(s), which unfortunately for you today is only accessible to verified members since it often contains sensitive information.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2016, 01:26:10 PM by Frog »
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline Brendan Kincaid

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2016, 02:38:49 PM »
Thanks for letting me know about the business development side. I have been networking with a lot MP5 users as well and noticed that a lot of beginners including myself have had major issues getting started. I hope to use this form to help alleviate some of these issues and maybe learn some new tricks

Offline Brendan Kincaid

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2016, 02:46:10 PM »
I found out after training that Gildan shirts are not recommended. Does anyone have recommended brands that they have been printing on successfully?

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2016, 02:50:06 PM »
Hanes 5250, Port & Co PC61, Jerzees 363 to name a few.

Offline Brendan Kincaid

« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2016, 03:19:53 PM »
thank you. Do you have the MP5 as well? did you notice any print issues across brands as well?

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2016, 03:27:30 PM »
Hi Brendan, welcome to the forum. Your question about different results on different brands means that you need to buy a bunch of blanks and do your own testing, not that folks here won't share, because they certainly will share, but you need to test your own work in your own environment. You've spent good money on the Anajet and heat press, don't skimp on a $100.00 worth of t-shirts to test on... you'll learn quite a bit this way, and don't get discouraged.

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2016, 03:31:46 PM »
I don't have an anajet, I have a brother 381.  similar concept.  Gildans kinds suck across the board.

Offline Brendan Kincaid

« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2016, 04:55:07 PM »
Hi Brendan, welcome to the forum. Your question about different results on different brands means that you need to buy a bunch of blanks and do your own testing, not that folks here won't share, because they certainly will share, but you need to test your own work in your own environment. You've spent good money on the Anajet and heat press, don't skimp on a $100.00 worth of t-shirts to test on... you'll learn quite a bit this way, and don't get discouraged.

Steve

Thanks for the input. It would be great if you provide some input relevant to the room besides that we spent money on a printer. Unfortunately the type of testing I am trying to do is going to be in bulk across multiple brands. $100 doesn't buy you much in 2016.

mk162 thanks for the input i appreciate it.

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2016, 05:04:28 PM »

Steve

Thanks for the input. It would be great if you provide some input relevant to the room besides that we spent money on a printer. Unfortunately the type of testing I am trying to do is going to be in bulk across multiple brands. $100 doesn't buy you much in 2016.

mk162 thanks for the input i appreciate it.

Actually, $100 buys a lot of regular T's in 2016. Compared to ten or fifteen years ago, T's are cheaper today in relation to everything else. You should easily be able to try out thirty or forty, or more different brand/color combinations, which was the suggestion. Obviously, until you have some technique and settings down, you shouldn't be trying anything but basic T's. Buy 'em in your size, and have your wardrobe set for a while.

Offline Brendan Kincaid

« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2016, 05:11:58 PM »
Thanks Steve. Maybe I am shopping in the wrong place then where do you purchase said Ts?

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2016, 05:57:38 PM »
Thanks Steve. Maybe I am shopping in the wrong place then where do you purchase said Ts?

Where do you? Where are you? For that matter, I bet that whoever sold you your printer will have some suggestions.

btw, one of our other sections is for Blanks, and, you guessed it, you need to be verified!

Offline Printficient

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2016, 08:58:03 PM »
Talking to an Anajet user that has it dialed in he said that the secret is to do the weekly maintenance daily.
Shop-Doc "I make house calls"
Procedure Video Training
Press Inspections
Tips and Tricks Training
404-895-1796 Sonny McDonald

Offline jvieira

« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2016, 04:59:04 AM »
Best of luck with the Anajet. Most people don't do well with those machines. I know I have one in the corner not doing anything and probably with clogged lines now.