Author Topic: EZGrip Squeegee Handle  (Read 45182 times)

Re: EZGrip Squeegee Handle
« Reply #105 on: July 11, 2016, 03:42:39 PM »
Minosatexas, thanks for your honest review and I'll be working on a solution.

Nation03, If the rods get in your way, they are easily removable with a saw or file, but I don't understand why one would want to lean forward if not necessary, truly, the ease and speed of setting it in the screen is my favorite feature.

Read great reviews and more info on the EZ Grip here:
http://www.theshirtboard.com/index.php/topic,18181.180.html

Offline mimosatexas

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • contributor
« Reply #106 on: July 11, 2016, 03:47:44 PM »
You may not be hard flooding immediately after your stroke, but you have to "flood" sometime or else all your ink ends up on one end of the screen.  I usually soft flood immediately prior to my push stroke, which saves substantial time on long runs because I already have to bring the squeegee from the back of the screen to the front to begin the print stroke so I simply consolidate the motion.  This is identical to flooding immediately after your print stroke when pulling as you still have to put your squeegee back, so you consolidate the motion of putting it back and flooding and keep even amounts of ink available on both ends of the screen.

Offline Nation03

• Gonzo Member
  • The Dude abides.
« Reply #107 on: July 11, 2016, 03:48:16 PM »
Minosatexas, thanks for your honest review and I'll be working on a solution.

Nation03, If the rods get in your way, they are easily removable with a saw or file, but I don't understand why one would want to lean forward if not necessary, truly, the ease and speed of setting it in the screen is my favorite feature.

I'm using 20x24 frames and a lot of the time I have long prints, so setting it down in the frame isn't ideal since i'd rather have the squeegee blade right at the beginning of the print.

Offline Nation03

• Gonzo Member
  • The Dude abides.
« Reply #108 on: July 11, 2016, 03:51:36 PM »
You may not be hard flooding immediately after your stroke, but you have to "flood" sometime or else all your ink ends up on one end of the screen.  I usually soft flood immediately prior to my push stroke, which saves substantial time on long runs because I already have to bring the squeegee from the back of the screen to the front to begin the print stroke so I simply consolidate the motion.  This is identical to flooding immediately after your print stroke when pulling as you still have to put your squeegee back, so you consolidate the motion of putting it back and flooding and keep even amounts of ink available on both ends of the screen.

I guess it depends on the ink type/color/viscosity. I usually don't load a ton of ink on at once and the ink will still stay on the blade as i bring the squeegee back to the 'rest' position. I do flood occasionally if the ink is on one end of the screen, but generally speaking, flooding was never a habit.

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #109 on: July 11, 2016, 04:11:46 PM »
Real brief here, I did a job early this morning left chest and back, used it to print the left chest not a real big fan as I use a 3 inch squeegee with one hand 99 percent of the time for left chest stuff, but was not bad.  I like the push stroke using the EZGrip handle better than the pull stroke using the EZGrip, I could get use to using this style handle if I had to.  I do like being able to remove and replace the blade in the handle love that part,  I think it would really be unfair to Ron right now being I've only use this product on one small production run, so I'm going to wait a little while and post more.  I will say this product would be the bee's knees' for newbie's just getting into the biz.

darryl
« Last Edit: July 11, 2016, 04:27:56 PM by 3Deep »
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #110 on: July 11, 2016, 04:13:54 PM »
yeah, this would be perfect for millennials and hipsters since they lack upper body strength.

Offline Shanarchy

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #111 on: July 11, 2016, 04:59:04 PM »
yeah, this would be perfect for millennials and hipsters since they lack upper body strength.

Ryonet has just endorsed this!

I kid! I kid!

Offline bimmridder

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #112 on: July 11, 2016, 04:59:52 PM »
Do you need to wear skinny jeans to use it, too?

**I wrote this before I saw any mention of a certain person. In no way was this directed at that person.**
« Last Edit: July 11, 2016, 07:45:56 PM by bimmridder »
Barth Gimble

Printing  (not well) for 35 years. Strong in licensed sports apparel. Plastisol printer. Located in Cedar Rapids, IA

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #113 on: July 11, 2016, 05:05:07 PM »
Now you 3 are getting plum silly  ;D
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline jvanick

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #114 on: July 11, 2016, 05:26:37 PM »
When Ryan endorses it... it will be "BEST THING EVER... SCREEN PRINTING WILL NEVER BE THE SAME!"

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #115 on: July 11, 2016, 05:52:20 PM »
Is there an App for that?
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

« Reply #116 on: July 11, 2016, 06:54:45 PM »
IT'S NOT A DEAL BREAKER

Some may wonder how I've printed 15,000 tees and haven't pushed or held the screen before. Simple, I'm a one-man shop with only a few accounts. I supply tees to shops in the tourist town where I live. I'm currently transferring the business to a friend.

I'm self taught, never worked in a shop or knew other printers. I did things one way because it worked, so I didn't experiment. Where is this leading, I just went back to the shop and test printed 40 tees with UnionInk, PADE 1027.

I used the method of holding the screen in my left hand while flooding with my right, and honestly, I don't know what the big deal is. IT'S NOT A DEAL BREAKER. It is somewhat awkward, but doable. Definitely so. TheEZGrip weighs ONLY 5.5 ounces, IT DOESN'T FEEL AS AWKWARD AS IT LOOKS.

Like everyone else, I want to do some more, but if I converted to flooding with one hand, I could learn how to feel comfortable using TheEZGRIP.

To be fair to those that find it awkward, hard to do, whatever, as I've said all along, It's Not for Everyone, but until you try it, don't rule it out.

3 min. video     http://www.theezgrip.com/video-demo.html

« Reply #117 on: July 11, 2016, 07:04:56 PM »
WHAT'S YOUR TECHNIQUE

Frog set up a POLL to find out the percentages of those who push, pull, lift screen or not, etc. Please go and cast your preference.

SCREEN PRINTING - GENERAL SCREEN PRINTING - MANUAL PRINTING TECHNIQUES - POLL

Should be very revealing. Thanks Frog 

3 min. video     http://www.theezgrip.com/video-demo.html

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #118 on: July 11, 2016, 07:10:16 PM »

I used the method of holding the screen in my left hand while flooding with my right, and honestly, I don't know what the big deal is. IT'S NOT A DEAL BREAKER. It is somewhat awkward, but doable. Definitely so. TheEZGrip weighs ONLY 5.5 ounces, IT DOESN'T FEEL AS AWKWARD AS IT LOOKS.

Like everyone else, I want to do some more, but if I converted to flooding with one hand, I could learn how to feel comfortable using TheEZGRIP.

To be fair to those that find it awkward, hard to do, whatever, as I've said all along, It's Not for Everyone, but until you try it, don't rule it out.

It's pretty doubtful that you are getting an even deposit of ink on both sides of the screen.
Would that make a difference with your solid four inch blocky text? Probably not nearly as much as the 40% tint 50 lpi halftone dots you may need to print tomorrow.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline Prosperi-Tees

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Common Sense - Get Some
« Reply #119 on: July 11, 2016, 07:34:12 PM »
I just finished a small 24 pc order and did the pull stroke and also had issues with flooding so I just did not flood. It feels good in the hand but it actually felt like I had to use more force to clear the screen and had to use multiple strokes, that may change if I use a s mesh screen. I also found myself leaning over the screen more than usual. I think more testing has to be done as I felt like it really slowed me down with trying to get the grip right. It does feel awkward to me but I will give it more time. I can see how some would like this though. I will keep updating.