Author Topic: EZGrip Squeegee Handle  (Read 45233 times)

Offline Full-SpectrumSeparator

• "Knowledge is possessed only by sharing."
Re: EZGrip Squeegee Handle
« Reply #135 on: July 27, 2016, 04:48:09 PM »
The one handle idea is a good idea....... Why don't you just buy one and make 2 cuts on it and have TWO one handle EZGrips. Problem solved!

I have to make a final review that is more conclusive after testing for a couple weeks now, but I am really loving it....    a mention about left-chest printing,  I have tried it out just keeping the full-length squeegee in place and it works fine, just have ink all along the squeegee so it slides over the mesh smoothly,  this seems to add stability for both hands rather than trying a smaller squeegee for small designs, I haven't tried the EZGrip with a smaller squeegee in it.   

I have a lot of notes to add to the last review,  but overall it is really excellent and the only improvements are as some have mentioned, if it had a normal style handle so you could hold it like a regular squeegee AND the EZGrip handles, that would really be a logical combination-product, but the way it is I would only use push-strokes with a regular squeegee in comparison because for me it seems more stable and faster,  same with a left-chest using a normal squeegee and pulling.... but the EZGrip is become very useful for a lot of situations allowing me to really add pressure like I could not have done before and with more control,  high angles or low angles etc,   the push-stroke with it I just don't like compared to push-stroke with a regular squeegee handle I think it is s bit slower and awkward,...    a note about large-designs I thought this would be a problem but actually you can use the handles and get the squeegee into the back of the frame and start pressure almost better than with a regular squeegee...   also the tips on it make it so you can rest it either way and it won't bounce and fall into the ink...   

I'm planning on a final review, just really excited at a lot of the ways it has been helping and working out over the past couple weeks,  because I only have one I am almost always using it for underbase printing as I can get a lot of pressure and also control very little-pressure with angles I need.    Just wanted to mention about the left-chest printing where I just keep the same full-length squeegee in place,  also did some great consistent halftone printing with it so that is not a problem.      I will definitely purchase a few more so I can do some printing of multi-color jobs using the EZ Grip for each color.     

I think a great "objective" test that should be done, is with a way to measure PSI while a person is printing.   

I have a hunch but I think that the EZGrip could be shown to allow a manual press operator to achieve greater pressure (still with control) at low/middle/high angles of a pull-stroke, compared to traditional handles and a pull-stroke.   I can tell from my own printing at least that it seems like I am capable of much greater pressures with the EZGrip (And with much more control and much less strain or effort), and this is really my favorite aspect about the EZGrip so far.   Low to high angles with more control and more pressure, I'll take that any day over the pain of trying to do high pressure pull-stroke manual printing... it seems however that push-stroke is a little shaky and less control compared to a normal squeegee handle pushed, if a future version of the EZGrip were to just have basically a traditional side handle area as well as the EZ Grip handles I think you would have the best of both worlds... I find it is fine to do one-handed floods holding one of the handles, but while cleaning the squeegee (and not removing it) I think it would be better to have a full-size area to hold onto just like with a one-handed flood, but this would also allow normal printing pull or push-stroke.        Still as I mentioned before you don't have to get rid of other squeegee handles in order to try out the benefits of the EZGrip,  but if it were essentially just like a normal handle but with the added blade-change-out advantages and the EZGrip handles along with the pegs etc, it would probably replace the need for any other manual squeegee handles besides specialty or the left-chest size etc.... maybe like others are saying it would be better to have a smaller one-handle size for small-blade printing.       It is tough to say,  for me personally I still feel I can print push-strokes faster with more control using a traditional handle, and left-chests push or pull also with a small left-chest handle.... but everything else the EZGrip seems to be outshining.

Oh one more update while I'm thinking of it...   I have found the EZGrip is allowing more single-pass strokes because of the increased pressure I would think,  where I am clearing the screen without having to make another pass, and going slow or fast you still have the same amount of control and can add lots of pressure....  I really do wonder if the EZgrips simply allow a human operator to apply more pressure (regardless of amount of effort or strain on hands/fingers/wrists/arms) in a downward direction than the traditional style handles and method of applying downward pressure?   What PSI does an automatic produce and can we measure the 3 - human manual pull and push, EZGrip, and automatic to compare?
« Last Edit: July 27, 2016, 07:19:08 PM by Full-SpectrumSeparator »
"Science and invention benefited most of all from the printing press."   https://www.youtube.com/user/FullSpectrumVideo  ||  https://sellfy.com/planetaryprints

« Reply #136 on: August 08, 2016, 03:43:08 PM »
BACKGROUND: In the beginning of July, I offered 10 Free Samples of TheEZGrip to the first 10 takers, in order for these 10 independent printers to be the first in the country to publicly REVIEW TheEZGrip.

On July 27th, five printers reported, the following is a summary of their opinions, as always, if I misquote anyone, please correct me. There are 3 reviewers to go, hopefully we'll hear from them soon.

dsh

First to report in, posted on page 9, in brief states:

"I seem to keep pressure more evenly across the squeegee.  As an old fart, when I get tired my left arm doesn't always clear the screen properly when using the traditional squeegee...  didn't have this problem with the EZgrip. 

... as noted by others... used some muscles that I hadn't used before.   My arms did ache.  With some more use, that will go away."

Note from Ron, this is because the ergonomics of the 2 handle system transfers the work load from the fingers to larger muscles in the upper arms and shoulders. This is what DSH and others are experiencing. Of course, once these muscles get used a bit, they stop aching. In fact it's like going to the gym, cause you work your biceps a lot.

This grip method is also responsible for more even downward pressure applied from side to side. It stands to reason, the more strength one has to apply to doing a job, the better one will be at that job.

It doesn't take any time to learn how to press down on TheEZGrip because the grip is so natural to the body, that it come naturally.

mk162

"Actually mk162 wasn't part of the give-a-way, he bought one and just happened to review the same day as the others, he writes:

"I bought one, it's pretty good.  I think I needed a higher duro squeegee for what we were printing, we couldn't get even coverage in the middle.  I tossed in a 70 duro blade with a thicker white ink and it was ok. 

I like it though."

I bet mk162 didn't shove the blade all the way into the blade slot before printing, I know, I've done it. This can leave the ends high and the middle low or vice versa, in his case, it was lower in the middle so it didn't get as much ink. To prevent this, part of putting the blade in, is making sure it in all the way end to end.

ahscc
"had 3 different printers try it for 4 days and asked for comments. I'll be brief. The overall impression was excellent.
 -Comfortable
- Easy to use
- Less stress on wrists and better use of big muscles
- Handle position helps to print even pressure

The only negative reported to me was "flex" when printing and applying pressure, but this was overcome after getting used to a new toy."

3Deep

"I like is blade removal is very easy, which then makes cleaning very easy.  I like pushing more than I did pulling, but both ways still did a nice job...

...once you get the hang of the EZGrip handle you won't look back.  I see the EZGrip handle like most look at the roller frames, once you got the frame your good for life almost just buy new mesh/blades and you won't have a ton of wooding handle's in your shop like I do now.

...I give this product thumbs up."

Full-SpectrumSeparator

Full-Spectrum writes an articulate and well thought out review, posted on this page above. It's well worth reading in full, the excerpt below is just a short sample.

I am really loving it....   overall it is really excellent but the EZGrip is become very useful for a lot of situations allowing me to really add pressure like I could not have done before and with more control,  a note about large-designs I thought this would be a problem but actually you can use the handles and get the squeegee into the back of the frame and start pressure almost better than with a regular squeegee...  also the tips on it make it so you can rest it either way and it won't bounce and fall into the ink..."   

"...did some great consistent halftone printing with it so that is not a problem.  I will definitely purchase a few more so I can do some printing of multi-color jobs using the EZ Grip for each color. "

watch how to use 3 min video http://www.theezgrip.com/video-demo.html
Read great reviews and more info on the EZ Grip here:
http://www.theshirtboard.com/index.php/topic,18181.180.html

Offline mimosatexas

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • contributor
« Reply #137 on: August 08, 2016, 05:04:08 PM »
What kind of press is that?  Don't recognize it at all...

« Reply #138 on: August 09, 2016, 01:49:32 PM »
Mimosa wanted to know who made the press in the pictures above, all I know is it's custom made. I'll be visiting there in a few days, will take some more pictures and post them. Until then, here's are a few more that I took the other day.   

« Reply #139 on: August 09, 2016, 10:16:59 PM »
ANNOUNCEMENT
TheEZGrip is Proud to Announce AA SCREEN PRINTING SUPPLIER LLC as a New Authorized Dealer

We look forward to working with the good people at AA Screen, Marietta, GA.

[size=14pt Watch Short Video    http://www.theezgrip.com/video.html

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #140 on: August 10, 2016, 07:53:30 AM »
New supplier?  I bought mine there 3 weeks ago. ;)

Funny thing, I am always testing new white inks and they know it.  So they always ask me if I need more or how I liked a certain one.  I was in there a couple weeks ago and their 2 year old son pushed an empty 5 gallon bucket over to me and asks "more white ink?"

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #141 on: August 10, 2016, 09:25:13 AM »
New supplier?  I bought mine there 3 weeks ago. ;)

Funny thing, I am always testing new white inks and they know it.  So they always ask me if I need more or how I liked a certain one.  I was in there a couple weeks ago and their 2 year old son pushed an empty 5 gallon bucket over to me and asks "more white ink?"

Now that is service...

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

« Reply #142 on: August 10, 2016, 11:11:34 AM »
mk162 Who is your supplier? Ron

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #143 on: August 10, 2016, 02:28:59 PM »
AA screen print supplier, I am literally 2 doors down from them.

« Reply #144 on: August 10, 2016, 05:42:27 PM »
mk162, Remarkable, 3 posts up I announce AA Screen as a new dealer and you are end up being two doors from them. I suppose thanks is in order because they told me a about a printer with enthusiasm for TheEZGrip, who's shop was very close to their store. I assume that was you. Your input helped them make their decision to be a dealer.  Wow, too coincidental.

Say hi to Zoe and Hon for me. In fact their 1st case just arrived yesterday.  Ron

« Reply #145 on: August 11, 2016, 10:58:56 AM »
NEW DEALER

ANNOUCNEMENT

AMERICAN NIAGARA of Norcross, GA has become a proud new dealer of TheEZGrip Squeegee.

ANC is best know for their own line of chemical products including spot removers and adhesives. They sell their fine products to 141 dealers worldwide.

Victor, Mike and David and the whole gang are great folks and TheEZGrip looks forward to working with them for years to come.

check out our dealer page on TheEZGrip's website   http://www.theezgrip.com/dealers.html     

« Reply #146 on: August 11, 2016, 10:14:54 PM »
DETAILS FRIDAY 11 AM EST

« Reply #147 on: August 12, 2016, 12:03:31 PM »
AN OFFER YOU CAN'T REFUSE
HONEST REVIEW by RON, OWNER of TheEZGrip.com Squeegee

I've learned something about people since introducing TheEZGrip. People don't want to change.

As a result, some printers are reluctant to try TheEZGrip. It's not because the REVIEWS are bad, it because people hate change. That's all there is to it. Read the reviews, they give TheEZGrip B+ if not an A in most cases.

When the cordless drill was first introduced, people resisted, now it's indispensible.

With new technology comes new methods of use, that's the way it is.

Soon after starting this thread, I put TheEZGrip out there for public input. "Make me wrong when I say TheEZGrip is the best advancement in the print industry for decades", I said.

Now I'm doing it again!!  This time, it's OPEN TO EVERYONE, an offer you can't refuse.

BUY 1, GET 1 FREE till the end of August. It won't get any better than this, I promise if you try TheEZGrip, you won't look back, it's that good.

As of today, August 12, four of my authorized dealers have this offer currently available - Midwest, McLogan, Pocono and Miami Screen, others will begin their specials early next week,

visit our dealer list  http://www.theezgrip.com/dealers.html

Offline larryk

• !!!
« Reply #148 on: August 15, 2016, 11:41:40 AM »
I bought six of them from MIdwest.... and didn't get anything free........... also bought new blade material for all of them.

Offline Nation03

• Gonzo Member
  • The Dude abides.
« Reply #149 on: August 16, 2016, 06:31:01 AM »
My review/email I sent to Ron. I don't have much time to write another full review so I copy and pasted the E-Mail I sent him a few days ago.

Sorry for the delay in getting a full review. Its been a crazy summer, but I have been putting your squeegee to work! It has been my go to squeegee handle for white ink, which is my most commonly printed color. I definitely am going to place an order for a few more, as I've not only gotten use to the EZ grip, but I really do enjoy printing with it. I noticed some people had some issues with 1 handed flooding while the screen was up, and for arguments sake, I printed a few jobs while flooding in the up position, with one hand. While it wasn't quite as easy, I did find it more then doable, and if I were to flood screens more often, I might find it beneficial to have a center flood handle, but I by no means consider that a deal breaker.

For me, one of the main benefits is the ease in clearing my white screens with 1 stroke. I have much better, and consistent pressure throughout the print. I recently had a tight registration 5 color job, and if I were to double stroke the white base, I was off on the registration slightly. Wasn't a problem though. I consistently cleared my white screen with 1 stroke and the job came out flawless.

Definitely patent that squeegee holder design, that is one of the most brilliant things I've seen. It is so simple, yet very effective and I can't believe more companies aren't doing the same thing. The ease of switching blades out, or just removing the blade to get a more thorough clean is really awesome. 

I also really like the materials you used for the handle, they feel great in the hand and clean up easily.

Compared to the ergo force squeegee, I definitely prefer the EZ grip, since I have always been a puller by nature. I felt like the ergo force has a nice design and it does work well for pushing, but I can't seem to make that switch over to pushing full time, so the EZ grip definitely saved me some wrist pain.

My final thoughts are positive on your product. I would love to see you come out with an entire line of handles, both EZ grip and even standard traditional handles that include your squeegee holding system. I feel like switching up the way I hold a squeegee is better then printing the same way for too long, so sometimes I find myself jumping back and forth from different handles. I think you really have something here just based off your materials and squeegee holder alone. And I think many will enjoy the EZ style grip, like myself, but if you add a traditional handle to your product line, there should be no reason manual printers use anything else.

I hope this has helped and I look forward to purchasing more EZ grips and hopefully any future products you put out in the future! I would definitely recommend this product. And if you do come out with a handle for oversized prints, that will be a home run for manual printers trying to consistently print larger prints.