Author Topic: Bad Kids  (Read 1777 times)

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
Bad Kids
« on: August 01, 2016, 04:58:28 PM »
I got a nice ear and eyeful this morning, our shop is right next door to a laundrymat  and my desk is up front next to the window, so I'm doing art and I hear this screaming and yelling.  I look out the window and see a SUV with three kids one boy looks to be about 10 or 11 two girls maybe 7 to 9, the mom jumps out and tell them to shut up and the young boy helps his mother take in the laundry.  Not even a minute has pass those two little girls are back screaming and yelling then I see little fist flying fighting like hell, no mom yet, but the little boy comes out open the door and get's hit well whatever he said they cool off for a minute or two then fist flying again and screaming and yelling, then mommy pops out the building takes her shoe off and start's whipping azz.  Now if the police would have pull up she might have been arested for child abuse or some nosy azz would have called then, but to me she had every right to tear there azz up which she did, some days we get to see the real world at work here LOL
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline DannyGruninger

• Gonzo Member
Re: Bad Kids
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2016, 05:15:07 PM »
Yeahhhhhhhhhhh budddyyyyyyy..... Please tell me you got that on camera for us to see? LOL

Danny Gruninger
Denver Print House / Lakewood Colorado
https://www.instagram.com/denverprinthouse

Offline larryk

• !!!
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2016, 05:21:15 PM »
That could have been me like 60 years or so ago............. I'm sure I had earned every spankin' I ever got.

Offline Doug S

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2016, 09:12:55 PM »
I know I had my share of them and earned them.  It may be my imagination but it sure seems that kids back in my time were much more behaved and knew to respect what our parents said because we knew what would happen we didn't.  I don't believe in beating but imo there is nothing wrong with a good ole warm a%% when it's deserved. 
It's not a job if you love doing it.

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2016, 07:56:02 AM »
Yes, kids were better behaved I think...I deserved pretty much every spanking I got.  A lot of it now is parents can't be bothered to discipline their kids because their face is shoved in the phones updating facebook.

Offline bimmridder

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2016, 08:12:31 AM »
My mom raised me and my two brothers by herself, while getting her Master's and then teaching for 30 some years. I know I got a few whippings (her hair brush is most memorable) and I deserved them. Seems to me, back then parents took responsibility for raising their kids. They didn't expect the schools to raise and discipline the kids. Times have changed. I pray I have brought my kids up half as well as my mom did us.
Barth Gimble

Printing  (not well) for 35 years. Strong in licensed sports apparel. Plastisol printer. Located in Cedar Rapids, IA

Offline Prosperi-Tees

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Common Sense - Get Some
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2016, 09:17:07 AM »
Went to a pizza joint for lunch yesterday and this family had about 3 kids literally running and screaming at the top of their lungs playing tag. Only after ten minutes did the parents say anything that was ignored about 3 times and the running and screaming continued. I wanted to whoop them! Or maybe even whoop the parents. Not sure who needed it more.

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2016, 09:19:02 AM »
Same thing happens all the time when we go out.  Our kids sit their rears in the seats until dinner is finished.  There is a time for playing and making everybody else in a restaurant miserable isn't it.

Funny thing though at home our kids cannot sit still through dinner.

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2016, 10:02:05 AM »
Went to a pizza joint for lunch yesterday and this family had about 3 kids literally running and screaming at the top of their lungs playing tag. Only after ten minutes did the parents say anything that was ignored about 3 times and the running and screaming continued. I wanted to whoop them! Or maybe even whoop the parents. Not sure who needed it more.

There is the problem.

Kids push boundaries, it's what they do.  It's up to parents to say "enough" AND mean it! 

One of my favorite examples of this is my wife's cousin.  Her 6'ish year old was riding a scooter around in the house. [from the couch]"Stop riding the scooter in the house!", "Stop it", "Stop it".  "Uhh... he just doesn't listen."

I have to say something, "No, he just knows you won't do anything... watch this."  I turn to the 16 year old daughter "Tell Thomas to stop."

She looks at him and says "Thomas STOP IT!"  He immediately stops and goes do something else.

I say "See, he knows that if he doesn't listen to her, she will go over there and beat the sh!t out of him!  He knows there will be a real consequence."

Boundaries and consequences... that's all it comes down to.

Offline Prosperi-Tees

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Common Sense - Get Some
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2016, 10:16:44 AM »
Yup my 11 year old was looking  at all of them like really? And when they proceed to leave we get the stink eye for shaking our heads like we were the problem. I think I heard one of the adults say kids will be kids. Ha

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2016, 10:26:04 AM »
And I'm ALL for kids will be kids... I let my kid go crazy at times.... at times.  I let her run down the isle in the store, when the store isn't busy.  I let her get a LITTLE noisy and even let her run around, as long as there are no other tables to disturb.

When we met one of our former employees and now good friend we were eating at a sushi place and it was pretty dead.  She was running around all the empty tables and then when Jackie walked by carrying dishes she stopped and let her pass.  The 3 year old turned to us and oddly stated "I waited for the human to pass." which caused Jackie to laugh and I said "Yes, we are secretly aliens." ;)

We had already laid down the ground rules that, yes you can get up and wonder but you make sure you aren't in any body's way!

I do hate the flip side when a kid is just trying to be a kid and the parents are a bunch of a-holes to them.  I'm like "uhh... maybe what's wrong with them is that they are 3 and that's what 3 year old's do!"

Offline Homer

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2016, 10:32:42 AM »
Same thing happens all the time when we go out.  Our kids sit their rears in the seats until dinner is finished.  There is a time for playing and making everybody else in a restaurant miserable isn't it.

Funny thing though at home our kids cannot sit still through dinner.

things I thought I'd never have to say:

Get your hot dog out of your hair.
stop rubbing your sandwich on your face.
Who's pickle is this?
Get your feet/butt off the kitchen table, we eat on that.
Do you want fries with your ketchup?
...keep doing what you're doing, you'll only get what you've got...

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2016, 11:01:12 AM »
We keep a quote book of the kids because the crap that comes out of their mouths is hilarious.

But Giligan is right, the push boundaries, just like the velociraptors in jurassic park.

Which brings me to a recent quote from Ava:

"It's funny, I really like to eat chicken but I don't like to look at chickens alive, running around with their feathers everywhere."

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2016, 11:43:56 AM »
I'll have to say our children were really good kids growing up, not because they are angels it's because I demanded it and meant what I said, no begging when we are in a store unless I ask them what they wanted or they them go get what you want or take me over to what you want, no running around screaming and yelling no fighting each other and yes sir and yes mam to all adults.   I just didn't have time to a$$ around with bad kids and to this day they are still very respectful even at 27 and 20 both boys, now girls might have been a little different  ;D girls try you a little more ::).  those kids yesterday wow they were going WWE up in the SUV, I couldn't believe how hard they were punching each other, but when the mom busted out that door and started with her shoe sniff city dude!!!!! :'(
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!