Author Topic: Hey Ya'll  (Read 1523 times)

Offline adman1986

• Verified/Junior
Hey Ya'll
« on: April 26, 2011, 10:39:00 PM »
I just found this place and I like what I see so far. Have been hanging out on digitsmith for about 8 months now looking for used equipment. Just to much drama over there for me.
A little about myself. I have been in the graphics field for 20 years as a artist. Both in digital vinyl printing as well as screen printing. My last job, I was Operations Manager for a large textile company. Kind of out of my realm of expertise but I tried to treat everyone that worked there with respect and to get the work out the door. However, upon returning from a week long vacation was told my position as well as several others were no longer needed. So for the past few months I have been trying to build my own business along with my lovely wife. I have a pretty good customer base, sub-contracting the print work for both the vinyl and textile printing. After working with my bank and SBA, have finally decided to take a leap of faith. Building a 1200 sq ft shop at the house and purchasing equipment. Like I said before, my expertise is art. I do have some screen printing knowledge though and figured I could call on you guys when needed. I love this industry, and I love how others help others when needed. Thanks to the folks that put this new site together. To help others build their business and knowledge and leave the drama at the door.

Offline ftembroidery

• !!!
  • Just got new glasses, but I'm still disillusioned
Re: Hey Ya'll
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2011, 10:42:04 PM »
Hello & Welcome.  Here's hoping that all goes well for you and I'm sure you find the interaction between yourself and the other artists on this board to be encouraging.
Grant me the ability to change the things I can, the strength to accept the things I cannot and the wisdom to recognize the difference.

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2011, 10:49:41 PM »
Welcome aboard!

plenty of ppl looking to share their successes and failures. After 5-6 business ventures, the biggest piece of advice I usually offer is: "have a business plan and an exit strategy!"

ask away, but don't be shy with sharing your art knowledge!

welcome again.

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2011, 10:50:59 PM »
And answer a lot, and don't be shy about asking questions ;D
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline Denis Kolar

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2011, 10:52:15 PM »
Welcome