Author Topic: Removing lint from shirt on auto press???  (Read 4486 times)

Offline Action1

Re: Removing lint from shirt on auto press???
« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2016, 12:25:29 PM »
Here's our solution - works great!

Each Kit Includes
2 Teflon coated screens
1 16" Roller Squeegee
How Does it Work?
Spray a light coating of adhesive (not included) on your two Teflon coated screens.  Place onto Head #1.  Use a Roller Squeegee to get the best contact with the garment.  Any and all loose threads and lint balls will be picked up by the screen.  When it gets dirty, your second screen is ready to use and minimizes downtime.  The laminated Teflon film on the screen makes it very quick and easy to clean and reuse.  Eliminates the lint in screen problem.
$525 per kit.

Offline acescreen

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2016, 01:05:44 PM »
Here's our solution - works great!

Each Kit Includes
2 Teflon coated screens
1 16" Roller Squeegee
How Does it Work?
Spray a light coating of adhesive (not included) on your two Teflon coated screens.  Place onto Head #1.  Use a Roller Squeegee to get the best contact with the garment.  Any and all loose threads and lint balls will be picked up by the screen.  When it gets dirty, your second screen is ready to use and minimizes downtime.  The laminated Teflon film on the screen makes it very quick and easy to clean and reuse.  Eliminates the lint in screen problem.
$525 per kit.

This is what we are doing now, we tried the velcro sticky that we purchased from you guys but that did not work very well or maybe we did not do it right?  This has been the best solutions so far but not a fix of this problem....as someone said earlier maybe the lint war can never be won!!!!

Offline jsheridan

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2016, 04:15:25 PM »
I see lots of battles won in here..

the war rages on
Blacktop Graphics Screenprinting and Consulting Services

Offline Itsa Little CrOoked

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2016, 04:21:46 PM »
Get you an operation like this and you should be fine.

(Make sure you make it to at least the 2 min mark :)  )

! No longer available

What the hell is that horrible screeching noise.  And why do they have like a double loader?

I guessing they ordered the optional Green Screech-o-Lator. But I hear they are discontinued, so you can't have one.

Offline bimmridder

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2016, 05:02:16 PM »
On our newer presses that have heads that raise and lower, I have my lowest off contact just kissing the pallets. I simply put pallet paper on the print side of a screen, spray a little mist adhesive on the pallet paer. I set the head to zero off contact so it just touched the shirt. This grabs the lint. I can't do this on all of me presses, and of course you have to have the capacity.
Barth Gimble

Printing  (not well) for 35 years. Strong in licensed sports apparel. Plastisol printer. Located in Cedar Rapids, IA

Offline islandtees

« Reply #20 on: September 07, 2016, 09:22:37 PM »
We do it with the squeegee and spray on the bottom. Does the job and don't have to buy anything.

Offline 1964GN

« Reply #21 on: September 08, 2016, 08:02:02 AM »
We use a lint screen (we call it a hickey picker :) ) with an action roller in head #1 but we don't use spray tac, we us WB adhesive rolled on. It is much more effective than spray tac.

We use pallet tape on the back of the screen... you don't need Teflon on the lint screen.

Offline acescreen

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #22 on: September 08, 2016, 10:27:54 AM »
Sounds like a war that will always be fought!!!!!

Offline Inkworks

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Pad&Screenprinter
« Reply #23 on: September 08, 2016, 01:22:54 PM »
Coated exposed screen, some soft base ink and regular floodbar and squeegee, we put pallet mask on the bottom of the screen for easy clean-up, mist adhesive whenever you re-glue the platens and it takes care of like 98% of the lint problem on the backs of subsequent screens.
Wishin' I was Fishin'

Offline jvanick

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #24 on: September 08, 2016, 01:24:26 PM »
Coated exposed screen, some soft base ink and regular floodbar and squeegee, we put pallet mask on the bottom of the screen for easy clean-up, mist adhesive whenever you re-glue the platens and it takes care of like 98% of the lint problem on the backs of subsequent screens.

this pallet tape idea on the back of the screen sounds like a great idea.  gonna have to try it on our next lint screen... will certainly make for easier cleanup...

Offline Prince Art

« Reply #25 on: September 08, 2016, 02:19:32 PM »
We use pallet tape on the back of the screen... you don't need Teflon on the lint screen.

I left this part out when I described our process. Makes cleanup easy. And yes, we used a coated screen for the shape to push around in.
Nice guys laugh last.

Offline DannyGruninger

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #26 on: September 08, 2016, 02:36:29 PM »
We use the ROQ ASP Flock vac to suck up all the lint on large runs..... We recently did a 17,000 pcs order and did not stop one time for lint. The roq vac has enough power to suck all the lint/strings up but not mess with the tack. Really good option for all the roq shops but it will only work on roqs.

Danny Gruninger
Denver Print House / Lakewood Colorado
https://www.instagram.com/denverprinthouse

Offline jsheridan

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #27 on: September 09, 2016, 06:37:34 PM »
We use the ROQ ASP Flock vac to suck up all the lint on large runs..... We recently did a 17,000 pcs order and did not stop one time for lint. The roq vac has enough power to suck all the lint/strings up but not mess with the tack. Really good option for all the roq shops but it will only work on roqs.

did the same thing 20 years ago doing flock..
I stuck a shop vac attached to a copper pipe with a slit cut into it and fastened it to a cut down flood bar.. with a simple adjustment of zip ties and mouthfulls of bad words..

We won that battle! 

Blacktop Graphics Screenprinting and Consulting Services