Author Topic: Lets talk gas dryers..  (Read 6249 times)

Offline sqslabs

• Work hardened.
Lets talk gas dryers..
« on: September 23, 2016, 12:12:57 PM »
Well, I've finally thrown my last stack of money at our current dryer trying to get it working correctly and am hoping to get a new one in here by the end of the year.  Will be looking at M&R and ROQ models, 8'-10' chamber, 60" belt.  My main concerns are gas usage (we'll be using propane), and service/support.  Would be interested to hear from anyone with these dryer brands and their experience.

Thanks much.
Brett
Squeegee Science
Fort Lauderdale, FL

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
Re: Lets talk gas dryers..
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2016, 12:17:09 PM »
Well, I've finally thrown my last stack of money at our current dryer trying to get it working correctly and am hoping to get a new one in here by the end of the year.  Will be looking at M&R and ROQ models, 8'-10' chamber, 60" belt.  My main concerns are gas usage (we'll be using propane), and service/support.  Would be interested to hear from anyone with these dryer brands and their experience.

Thanks much.

We love our M&R Sprint 3000. The automatic reminders for maintenance keep my guys honest and the thing is massive. Didn't notice in a major change in gas use from our Boomerang to the Sprint 3000. Highly recommend.
Brandt | Graphic Disorder | www.GraphicDisorder.com
@GraphicDisorder - Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube

Offline sqslabs

• Work hardened.
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2016, 12:25:29 PM »
We love our M&R Sprint 3000. The automatic reminders for maintenance keep my guys honest and the thing is massive. Didn't notice in a major change in gas use from our Boomerang to the Sprint 3000. Highly recommend.

What are you looking at for gas each month?  Natural/propane?  Dryer size?  40 hour workweek? 

Gas usage will play a major part in my decision, and I'm hoping I can do quite a bit better than my current unit, which is averaging around $650/mo. 

Thanks..
Brett
Squeegee Science
Fort Lauderdale, FL

Offline screenprintguy

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Constantly thanking the Lord!
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2016, 12:30:45 PM »
Sprint 2000 is kicking but for us man, can't throw anything at it that it can't handle. 3000 is just that much better, but we kept it simple going with the 2,000, 12 feet of heat, 8' in and out belt, 60" wide, I think I would have gone for 14' of heat if I knew what I know now, not that we "need" it right now, but it would have kept us from having to go through the expansion process later when we do it, maybe even 16'. We run our GT3 and our Diamond back into it at the same time, no bog downs at all, pretty awesome and easy to maintain. Propane isn't so bad on such a big dryer either, dude it Rocks, you are welcome to come for a visit if you ever want to, I'm still going to make it down to you one of these days when we visit the family. I have zero regrets going with the Sprint 2000
Evolutionary Screen Printing & Embroidery
3521 Waterfield Parkway Lakeland, Fl. 33803 www.evolutionaryscreenprinting.com

Offline ebscreen

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2016, 12:31:34 PM »
We run two 60" dryers and are less than that a month for natural gas. I'm assuming propane is significantly more
expensive?

Look at the figures on the Roq's, their efficiency is almost unbelievable, but apparently is the real deal.

If the 3000's use the same bearing setups and furniture latches as the 2000's I wouldn't be caught dead. 

Offline Ross_S

« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2016, 12:45:13 PM »
What are you currently running; electric?  The new dryers are extremely efficient.  When I replaced my American dryer (Electric panels with gas) with my MD-8 my electric and gas bill dropped by over 50%

Offline sqslabs

• Work hardened.
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2016, 01:04:18 PM »
Sprint 2000 is kicking but for us man, can't throw anything at it that it can't handle. 3000 is just that much better, but we kept it simple going with the 2,000, 12 feet of heat, 8' in and out belt, 60" wide, I think I would have gone for 14' of heat if I knew what I know now, not that we "need" it right now, but it would have kept us from having to go through the expansion process later when we do it, maybe even 16'. We run our GT3 and our Diamond back into it at the same time, no bog downs at all, pretty awesome and easy to maintain. Propane isn't so bad on such a big dryer either, dude it Rocks, you are welcome to come for a visit if you ever want to, I'm still going to make it down to you one of these days when we visit the family. I have zero regrets going with the Sprint 2000

Thanks Mike, I appreciate the offer and look forward to having you swing through sometime. 

Our current setup is 10' of heat with 5' in and 5' out and we're about as crammed in as possible so that would be the max for us.  I actually wouldn't mind going a bit smaller as we don't plan on moving anytime soon and could use the extra space.  Good to hear you are diggin the 2000, are you running propane?

We run two 60" dryers and are less than that a month for natural gas. I'm assuming propane is significantly more
expensive?

Look at the figures on the Roq's, their efficiency is almost unbelievable, but apparently is the real deal.

If the 3000's use the same bearing setups and furniture latches as the 2000's I wouldn't be caught dead. 

Propane is more than natural, but from what I've been told it shouldn't be anywhere near that much more.  Our gallon rate is $2.32.

Interested in hearing more about the bearings/latches if you wouldn't mind sharing..  Thanks.
Brett
Squeegee Science
Fort Lauderdale, FL

Offline sqslabs

• Work hardened.
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2016, 01:05:57 PM »
What are you currently running; electric?  The new dryers are extremely efficient.  When I replaced my American dryer (Electric panels with gas) with my MD-8 my electric and gas bill dropped by over 50%

We're currently running an Adelco Jet Force on propane, with no electric panels.  It's a newish dryer, but not the most recent model. 
Brett
Squeegee Science
Fort Lauderdale, FL

Offline ebscreen

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2016, 01:17:01 PM »

Interested in hearing more about the bearings/latches if you wouldn't mind sharing..  Thanks.

Initial install is fine but god forbid you ever have to move the things. The latches they use to hold the sections
together are woefully unprepared for the task. I invented new curse words dealing with the stupid things.

Search for "sprint" and "bearings" and you'll get the gist of it. From what I can tell the bearings in the tubeaxial
exhaust fans are only rated to 180F or so.

Offline dirkdiggler

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2016, 01:18:06 PM »
2000 here and it rocks!
If he gets up, we'll all get up, IT'LL BE ANARCHY!-John Bender

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2016, 01:31:24 PM »
$86/month on a 60" wide MD-8.

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline sqslabs

• Work hardened.
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2016, 01:39:02 PM »
$86/month on a 60" wide MD-8.

pierre

I think I remember you telling me you're running natural gas though, correct?  Also, how's the support system on Interchange dryers?
Brett
Squeegee Science
Fort Lauderdale, FL

Offline sqslabs

• Work hardened.
« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2016, 01:47:27 PM »
Initial install is fine but god forbid you ever have to move the things. The latches they use to hold the sections
together are woefully unprepared for the task. I invented new curse words dealing with the stupid things.

Search for "sprint" and "bearings" and you'll get the gist of it. From what I can tell the bearings in the tubeaxial
exhaust fans are only rated to 180F or so.

Thanks, that's definitely good to know.

2000 here and it rocks!

Thanks man..

Looks like the M&R owners are happy, where's the ROQ owners?
Brett
Squeegee Science
Fort Lauderdale, FL

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2016, 02:17:56 PM »

What are you looking at for gas each month?  Natural/propane?  Dryer size?  40 hour workweek? 

Gas usage will play a major part in my decision, and I'm hoping I can do quite a bit better than my current unit, which is averaging around $650/mo. 

Thanks..

Gas bill is about $335. Natural gas. We also have gas water heater and gas heaters in the warehouse (not running in summer though). We run the dryer at least 10hrs a day. Its 28ft long 72 inch wide.
Brandt | Graphic Disorder | www.GraphicDisorder.com
@GraphicDisorder - Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube

Offline sqslabs

• Work hardened.
« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2016, 02:25:40 PM »
Gas bill is about $335. Natural gas. We also have gas water heater and gas heaters in the warehouse (not running in summer though). We run the dryer at least 10hrs a day. Its 28ft long 72 inch wide.

Thank you..
Brett
Squeegee Science
Fort Lauderdale, FL