Author Topic: Freight company recomendation  (Read 1239 times)

Offline Shanarchy

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Freight company recomendation
« on: September 26, 2016, 04:06:26 PM »
I am going to be shipping a press from MA to MO. Looking for recommendations for best company to call for the best rates.

Thanks!

Shane

Offline GoWestRob

• !!!
Re: Freight company recomendation
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2016, 04:21:44 PM »
We use R&L.  Freight shipping is structured really weird, at first they might quote you $1500 for the shipment.  However once you get an account with them then they might offer to give you an 80 or 85% discount. 

Offline printguy

• !!!
  • Verified/Junior
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2016, 06:40:27 PM »
We usually ship out LTL a couple times a week. Go to freightquote.com; you enter all the pertinent information regarding the shipment &  you'll get to pick regarding carrrier, price, transit time, etc.

Been using them for about five years & have a great track record with them. Good luck.

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2016, 08:41:19 PM »
We got burned hard by freightquote awhile back.  Verbal setup of the shipment with our rep w. insurance (almost new auto press).  Major, heinous damage happened, whoops they didn't catch that about the insurance.....our overall business insurer came through for us and subrogated freightquote or possibly the carrier in the end.  A lawyer couldn't/didn't help us at all in that situation.   So don't ever do a verbal PO for LTL shipping. 

Someone on here whom I can't recall but am eternally grateful to pointed me to Keyship Express.  Great broker, straightforward, all shipments are contractually auto-insured to the amount we enter.   Very happy. 

Offline TCT

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2016, 09:15:20 PM »
I've had a extremely bad experience with freightquote.com I am still in fact fighting/disputing it 10 months or so later. They quoted a shipment at $1200, got a bill for $2400 without any notification. Make sure everything you do with them is in writing and followed to the T.

uShip.com I've had good experiences with, and YRC is who we mainly use. They are very reasonable and on time, I have caught them a time out to changing my shipping class after inspection and charging more. I just send them the info about hoodies, and they change it back.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Alex

Hopefully I'll never have to grow up and get a real job...

www.twincitytees.com

Offline SI

• !!!
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2016, 09:28:10 PM »
Iv'e had several pieces of equipment shipped my way through freightcenter.com  Seems to be pretty reasonably priced.