Author Topic: Murakami LX mesh  (Read 4413 times)

Offline squeegee

Murakami LX mesh
« on: April 27, 2011, 11:42:12 AM »
Just wanted to share a tidbit about a newer mesh from Murakami, the LX which is a thin diameter thread like the regular S meshes, I think Zoo mentioned it on the "other board".  I'm not completely informed on the tech on this stuff, but what I understand is that the mesh has been made to have flat knuckles in the weave resulting in a smoother ink deposit.  I understand the tech is partially borrowed from high end mesh used for circuit board printing.

We've been testing some 150/48 LX panels on our EZ frames for a couple of weeks and the results are pretty nice.  For plastisol UB's the ink goes down very smooth, more so than typical S mesh, and for waterbase and discharge we are getting good prints with less squeegee pressure than before.  I can't say as to how much exactly but an estimation is about 1 to 2 bar less than S mesh (1 bar=14.5 PSI) for WB.

We're also seeing about a 5-10 micron increase on EOM on the LX 150/48 vs. standard 150/48 using identical coating method.

I know Murakami just brought in some 135/48 which I'm going to try next.

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: Murakami LX mesh
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2011, 12:10:52 PM »
cool! I have a 180 but have not had a chance to play with it much. gotta find time . . .

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Online repogolfer

• !!!
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2011, 12:19:49 PM »
I for one have been extremely impressed with the Murakami "S" smartmesh.  So if the LX is even better.....man ol man...definitely worth a try.

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2011, 01:45:01 PM »
I need to purchase about 20 panels and I just can't pull the trigger.  Now with the addition of the LX, my decision will likely be delayed even further, great, just what I needed.
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it -T.J.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it -T.P.