Author Topic: Separation- Food on an orange shirt  (Read 1597 times)

Offline myseps

• Master Color Separator
Separation- Food on an orange shirt
« on: November 01, 2011, 05:57:41 PM »
Food is always a challenge to make look good on a shirt. If it doesn't look like the photograph, it doesn't look right.  Here is a rice bowl I separated for an orange body.  10 colors.
myseps.com color separations by Scott D.   Follow me on facebook

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: Separation- Food on an orange shirt
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2011, 08:51:45 PM »
WOW! That looks pretty good!

Save some for the upcoming November shirt of the month competition!

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2011, 08:59:04 PM »

pierre

We need to get with Frog on that subject.
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline myseps

• Master Color Separator
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2011, 09:14:04 PM »

pierre

Thank you  :)

I've got a lot of cool things to share.   A bunch of samples I still need to take photos of.
myseps.com color separations by Scott D.   Follow me on facebook

Offline Screened Gear

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2011, 01:00:11 AM »
How can I see some of these shirts in person. Pictures just don't do it for me. I will give anyone my address and pay shipping and shirt costs to see some high-end prints. I will mail it back to you also at my expense. I want to learn the separation side a little more but also see the prints. It would be cool see the separation file also. I learn more form looking at files and separations.

Is there a high-end class or CD I an get?

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2011, 01:52:52 AM »
How can I see some of these shirts in person. Pictures just don't do it for me. I will give anyone my address and pay shipping and shirt costs to see some high-end prints. I will mail it back to you also at my expense. I want to learn the separation side a little more but also see the prints. It would be cool see the separation file also. I learn more form looking at files and separations.

Is there a high-end class or CD I an get?

send me a UPS or FedEx label and I'll send you a shirt.
As far as learning this stuff, it is a lot of work. I just spent last 8 hours calibrating the new printer (4800). To get to the award level, it took over a 1,000 hours of R&D and probably close to $10k in equipment, consulting and art fees.

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!