Author Topic: 12-14 color separations  (Read 1462 times)

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
12-14 color separations
« on: November 18, 2016, 08:07:16 AM »
I just landed 11 separations all at once. That's not big for you printers since (It's just the seps), but thats what I do. All between 12-14 colors on dark garments. BOOM! Another set coming after that. This is the type of art I did back in the hey day.

It's retail art so, you can do that many colors there, but even in retail seps, I haven't done this many colors in one art file for a very long time. Like maybe 5 years or so.  Could this be a shift in the amount of colors trend?  I hope so. :)

Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: 12-14 color separations
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2016, 10:30:34 AM »
That's good for you Dan but not us poor suckers with under 10 color press's :-[  and I hope 12 to 14 color jobs don't become the norm  ;)
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline Doug B

• !!!
Re: 12-14 color separations
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2016, 10:40:51 AM »
  I have noticed that even the schools that would normally order 1 color on lights are now
ordering 4-5 colors on black or dark. BTW, we completely missed our normal July slow-down
this year.