Author Topic: Separation Actions for testing  (Read 3758 times)

Jay Kay

Separation Actions for testing
« on: December 20, 2016, 09:31:39 PM »
I'm looking for some people that have some experience doing channels seps that would like to test a separation action set. There is a 9 channel pull that's pretty quick and dirty and a more thorough 23 channel pull for mixing/matching. I know that's a lot, but it gives me options. Tested on CS6 and CC for PC and MAC. Hit me up if you would like to try it out and give feedback.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2016, 09:39:49 PM by Jay Kay »

Offline Jay Kay

• Verified/Junior
Re: Separation Actions for testing
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2016, 09:31:55 PM »
Due to a fubar when I was trying to resolve an email conflict with my account, I lost all my original messages here on the forum. If you were in contact with me about these actions, please message me again with questions or requests, I will give you my email for further communications. I won't be able to reply to the original message threads, and I don't think I would get a reply if you sent one. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2016, 10:37:59 AM »
Off Topic, was your email address that gave you the problem from the mail.com family?

Offline Jay Kay

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2016, 11:10:52 AM »
No, it was not.

Online Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2016, 11:14:40 AM »
With this episode, I have since learned, how, at the very least, to find and activate stalled sign-ups.
A reason as to why some email registration activations don't go through, however is still a mystery to me.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline Jay Kay

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2016, 12:04:48 PM »
I'm guessing not receiving the activation is something with that email provider, unless it happens more often.

Online Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2016, 12:10:35 PM »
I'm guessing not receiving the activation is something with that email provider, unless it happens more often.
Well, as Gilligan touched upon, you are not the first. Still looking into what the failures have in common
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline Jay Kay

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2017, 02:24:28 PM »
Well everyone they are out there if you want them, as Hi-Fi Ink. Thanks everyone for the feedback. I'm still doing more short demo videos showcasing them in use, but right now they are more of demoing rather than tutorials.

https://sellfy.com/hi-fi.ink
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYzy-YBuO7GJnh7gMVhSJmA
https://www.facebook.com/hifi.ink/
« Last Edit: January 23, 2017, 11:28:28 PM by Jay Kay »

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2017, 03:51:47 PM »
I did get them Jay, and ran a couple of tests, but we are fairly dead right now, but there are a couple of things simmering I want to test on...

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline Jay Kay

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2017, 10:37:05 PM »
No problem, use them at your leisure and let me know your results/feedback.

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2017, 12:10:39 PM »
I tested them for him and they seem to be a great alternative to purchasing one of the larger more costly options. Still as we have learned, with every action and even standalone sep program, there is work to be done after the fact, so all I ever say, is to not expect a one button click and have ready to use seps.

You can, but you would not always get the real results you desire unless you tweak/adjust/add too and remove.

It's a good'n.  I give it thumbs up!
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline SEPSINK

« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2017, 01:08:39 PM »
Ive tested it and I think it does a pretty great job. I'll second what Dan said, just like ALL sep software and actions, it still takes a bunch of editing to get where you need to be.  But for the price, I dont think you can beat it. Great job!
www.seps.ink Color Separations For Screen Printers