Author Topic: Replacing air lines and fittings  (Read 1293 times)

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
Replacing air lines and fittings
« on: December 27, 2016, 10:40:49 AM »
Had to take a break, snaking an air line and replacing a fitting on the press, what a pain in the butt it's been so far, Anatol has the air lines and fittings all stuffed in the print arms and screen hangers, clean look, but hell trying to replace.  For a fellow of my age I can hear an air leak like a pin drop and it just bothers the mess out of me.
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
Re: Replacing air lines and fittings
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2016, 11:24:00 AM »
Worth the effort though, I'm sure, as long as you have the time. Your replacements will probably last quite a while.

I know it's not the first time for you.
Came up back in 2012 with this thread from Tony P, (that you chimed in as well) http://www.theshirtboard.com/index.php/topic,3906.msg42886.html#msg42886

and then, once again in 2013, where you did mention some issues with the smaller lines.
http://www.theshirtboard.com/index.php/topic,8283.msg83646.html#msg83646

I bet that when this came to their attention, Anatol  changed to a more durable version.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2016, 12:33:43 PM »
Thats correct. Rich offered to supply me with M&R air hoses but I had already found a local supplier. Supposedly the ones used on certain Anatols were a cheaper mfg from China. And yes, a bitch to re-wire

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2016, 12:46:05 PM »
I hope so Frog, air leaks drive me crazy, even with all the noise going on I can hear that hissing sound,  I finally got the line and fitting all snake thru the hangers and print arm, but before I run all that airline back thru I tested it on the outside first, about the smartest thing I've done in years ;D
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline jvanick

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2016, 12:55:38 PM »
I remember that job on the javelin...  I don't remember how many total feet i replaced, but every line was new by the time I got done. I think it took me an entire weekend.

Automation direct sold 99% of the parts I needed.. and now I have a really cool 'fitting' set that has just about anything I'll ever need as they sold everything in 'packs of 5'

Offline Binkspot

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2016, 08:36:59 PM »
Upgrade to nylon tubing, it will be the last time you will need to change it. Do it with a color other then black so you know which ones you did already.