Author Topic: Bid Sites  (Read 1798 times)

Offline Kattanner

Bid Sites
« on: January 06, 2017, 10:05:37 AM »
I have been reading the message board for a while but just now joined. I was wondering if anyone on here used bid sites? I have been looking into bidsync but just really unsure if its worth the money or not . We are a small business and looking to try and get some bigger accounts but bidsync is so expensive and just unsure if the return would be worth it.

Online TCT

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: Bid Sites
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2017, 10:09:09 AM »
I have NEVER heard of one that someone liked or helped anyone. There have been plenty over the years, only one I can remember off the top of my head is apparelspider or something similar.

Pay a sales person or well positioned advertisements. Would be a much better use of your money. Mark Coudray has some pretty intense sales programs he teaches that would probably be well worth it.
Alex

Hopefully I'll never have to grow up and get a real job...

www.twincitytees.com

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: Bid Sites
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2017, 10:53:51 AM »
I agree, i would really look into better ways of spending money, and it seems all you will be bidding for is the lowest price.

Define "bigger account."  I personally am no longer into chasing the $100-200K accounts any longer.  They are great, but man it hurts to lose them.  I would rather have 5 $20-40K accounts and diversify.  One of our largest account was a lumber company...take a guess what happened to them in 2009.  Another largest account was an offset press manufacturer...they are barely around.  If one fell into my lap I would take it though, I am working on one of our existing accounts that could easily do that.

My point is don't chase those type accounts.  We've printed for some huge companies.  Coke, Home Depot, Atlanta Olympics(we lost a chit-ton on that one), Texaco, BP, and so on.  Those companies know they can bully you.  We billed a lot, but made less money and worked harder.