Author Topic: Show Your Customer the Difference.  (Read 3125 times)

Offline killergraphics

Show Your Customer the Difference.
« on: April 27, 2011, 05:52:53 PM »
This is not bashing anyone.

I just think it is important to show customers the difference between the work some shops do and what your shop does.

This customer even liked this first shirt...from the shop they were using...until they saw mine. :-*

Customers can understand pictures or in hand samples better than just telling them the difference.

Contract printing services to the trade.

Prices @ http://www.killergraphics.net/kg_reg...actpricing.pdf

Work samples @ http://www.mytguys.com/

Thank You for L@@King.

Johnny

www.killergraphics.net
www.myTguys.com
www.USArmyOnly.com
« Last Edit: April 27, 2011, 06:27:15 PM by killergraphics »

Offline repogolfer

• !!!
Re: Show Your Customer the Difference.
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2011, 05:58:23 PM »
Johnny,

Nice.

But you need to get permission from my ex-wife before you start making $$$ off of her picture.

Jon

Offline ftembroidery

• !!!
  • Just got new glasses, but I'm still disillusioned
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2011, 05:59:39 PM »
A picture is worth a thousand words.  That having been said, the upper can still be used as an example of a method of garment decorating different from screen printing.  Some customers might prefer it.  I know I've had a couple of customers that wanted the "rubber raincoat" feel to a print.  In my mind it's uncomfortable, but I'm not the one buying it.  Also a word about your penchant for puff in the white.....I've got a customer that absolutely loves the raised, 3-dimentional prints....she's also going to have us do some discharge/waterbase prints for the "fashion T's" appearance.
Grant me the ability to change the things I can, the strength to accept the things I cannot and the wisdom to recognize the difference.

Offline killergraphics

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2011, 06:11:04 PM »
I do alot of the different heights of puff, some different color and height on the same design.

You can cheat on the discharge. And use a high mesh, thinned ink one hit.

It takes alot of money to stock all the discharge colors...unless you do it all the time..and have tested many hours.

Most of the time I just do it like this. And no one is the wiser.

Contract printing services to the trade.

Prices @ http://www.killergraphics.net/kg_reg...actpricing.pdf

Work samples @ http://www.mytguys.com/

Thank You for L@@King.

Johnny
« Last Edit: April 27, 2011, 06:26:41 PM by killergraphics »

Offline killergraphics

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2011, 06:29:41 PM »
Johnny,

Nice.

But you need to get permission from my ex-wife before you start making $$$ off of her picture.

Jon

Sorry...Checks in the mail.

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2011, 06:54:42 PM »
I would love to show examples of a (separated elsewhere) and a (Separated by me) kind of thing but it gets hairy. My sep competition is often my customers employees as well. Could become a problem to tick a staff artist off if they saw something like that.

I have plenty of examples of where I was assigned a job and did it in 6 or 8 colors versus someone who did it in 10 or 12.
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline killergraphics

« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2011, 07:01:25 PM »
I would love to show examples of a (separated elsewhere) and a (Separated by me) kind of thing but it gets hairy. My sep competition is often my customers employees as well. Could become a problem to tick a staff artist off if they saw something like that.

I have plenty of examples of where I was assigned a job and did it in 6 or 8 colors versus someone who did it in 10 or 12.

Dan I know first hand how yours are better. The one you did for me was great and you got it down to six colors like I asked, but showed more colors.

The difference in yours verses others is a bigger difference than the one I show that I did off the same piece of art the first printer used to do his.

Thats Why You are Dot-tone-Dan :-*

Dan did this one for me.

It was a collector t-shirt for US and Aussie guys that served together for a year over there.

I even did you a XXL Hoodie Dan and just have not shipped it to you yet.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2011, 07:06:36 PM by killergraphics »

Offline Evo

• Anything is possible.
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2011, 07:14:20 PM »

You can cheat on the discharge. And use a high mesh, thinned ink one hit.

It takes alot of money to stock all the discharge colors...unless you do it all the time..and have tested many hours.

2 bases, 14 colors of pigments. I only make un-activated batches of basic colors I use the most. Otherwise, no stock. It's pretty cheap if you watch what you activate and keep the waste low.
There is scarcely anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse, and sell a little more cheaply. The person who buys on price alone is this man's lawful prey.
John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)