Author Topic: Saati Hi-Dro Mesh  (Read 5983 times)

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
Saati Hi-Dro Mesh
« on: February 02, 2017, 03:04:30 PM »
Anyone liking this?  Spec is close to Murakami.  Talking with a screen maker that prefers it for producing tighter screens, less breakage.  Seems like it would dovetail well with the S mesh. 
http://www.saati.com/images/printing/mesh/hi-dro_mesh.pdf

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: Saati Hi-Dro Mesh
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2017, 03:06:21 PM »
Anyone liking this?  Spec is close to Murakami.  Talking with a screen maker that prefers it for producing tighter screens, less breakage.  Seems like it would dovetail well with the S mesh. 
http://www.saati.com/images/printing/mesh/hi-dro_mesh.pdf

we got some screens to test it and bought a roll of mesh to stretch. Ask me again in about a month. . .

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline ffokazak

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2017, 03:30:51 PM »
Switched back to Mirukami...

These lost SO much tension.... numerous times. Wont go back to it.

My experience.

Offline Jwcontractscreen

• !!!
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2017, 06:46:17 PM »
We had a few panels sent to us. They don't clear as easily as Mirukami. Dyna-mesh is where we have moved all of our mesh business.
Contract screen printing in Northern Kentucky
www.jwcontractscreen.com

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2017, 08:41:01 PM »
Well good to know.  We'll stay the course with Murakami.  Only trouble is that everyone, even Murakami gets a little jumpy about stretching it on statics.

Jw, how's that Dynamesh next to the Murakami product?

Offline ericheartsu

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2017, 09:05:08 PM »
we've been using it for about 6 months now. I like it alot.

haven't noticed a ton of decreased tension, but i'll have to review, as i've been out of that department for quite some time, and am jumping back in it.
Night Owls
Waterbased screen printing and promo products.
www.nightowlsprint.com 281.741.7285

Offline scott316

• !!!
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2017, 09:52:33 PM »
Well good to know.  We'll stay the course with Murakami.  Only trouble is that everyone, even Murakami gets a little jumpy about stretching it on statics.

We stretch s-mesh on statics all the time with great tensions. What problems do you have?
Scott Thompson
404-583-4903

Offline Inkworks

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Pad&Screenprinter
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2017, 10:39:41 PM »
Trying some 230's now, will report back in a month or so.
Wishin' I was Fishin'

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2017, 01:36:20 AM »

We stretch s-mesh on statics all the time with great tensions. What problems do you have?
We seem to get better tension on our rollers with minimal breakage.  If I give our spec to murakami they typically don't want to hit it on certain counts.  I understand that statics are different without the corner softening so maybe that's it.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Offline ABuffington

« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2017, 03:35:58 PM »
FYI on tension, Static vs Newmans.  We typically won't stretch over 30n on a static frame, especially on customer supplied frames.  Our statics have a thicker side wall than most which allows us to stretch tightly up to 30 newtons.  On customer supplied frames anything above 30 will start to 'rack' or go out of flatness.  With S mesh the tension is mesh specific.  We typically stretch to the midpoint of our tension guide since the majority of screens are headed for textile printing.  Higher tension above 30 is possible with our mesh on Newman Rollers, but the mesh itself must be rated for these high tensions.  A good example is 300/34 vs 300/40.  300/34 = on a static I would be at 25-27n, on a Newman as well.  But a 300/40 on a static would be stretched to 30 while on a Newman Roller it could be pushed to 35-38n.  300/40 is rated at 40 newtons tops, but this may be too high for textiles shops, and creates a fragile screen that is right at break point.  Typically the upper end tension would be found in a graphics or electronic printer with more gentle care of the screen and press set ups.

Murakami Mesh Guide: http://murakamiscreen.com/smartmesh/mesh-chart-and-tension-guide/
On this page is a printable large PDF of the mesh guide for your screen room showing tension ranges by mesh in the right hand column.

Al
Alan Buffington
Murakami Screen USA  - Technical Support and Sales
www.murakamiscreen.com

Offline DannyGruninger

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2017, 04:06:48 PM »
Not wanting to derail the thread but its damn nice to see Alan B back around here......... Welcome back Alan!  ;D

Danny Gruninger
Denver Print House / Lakewood Colorado
https://www.instagram.com/denverprinthouse

Offline ABuffington

« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2017, 04:54:28 PM »
Thanks Danny, great to see you at the show.
Keep up the great work!
Alan Buffington
Murakami Screen USA  - Technical Support and Sales
www.murakamiscreen.com

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2017, 08:51:48 PM »
Not wanting to derail the thread but its damn nice to see Alan B back around here......... Welcome back Alan!  ;D

Agreed, I always read Alan's posts carefully.  Keep em coming!

Alan, what is the limiting factor for s mesh stretching on strong, quality static frames?  I can't seem to figure out why our statics stabilize are 20 ish but we have no issue stabilizing the rollers at 24-26.  Not a massive difference but I can't help but think that if you let the mesh work harden a little on the stretcher by pulsing or similar before gluing that it would stabilize a little higher.   

I get nervous about tensions nearing 18, seems like that's where you loose that perfect balance and peel of the mesh and start seeing a host of other issues, so it's been a bit of a road block to trying to use more statics here.

Offline Rockers

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2017, 12:52:48 AM »

DynaMesh aka NBC Mesh, another fine Japanese mesh manufacturer. Almost an identical copy of Murakami mesh, well depends on which mesh type you choose. We use both and I can`t tell the difference. Both print great but Murakami gives us a better price and other products too.