Author Topic: Another sorta kinda White ink question.  (Read 1145 times)

Offline farmboygraphics

Another sorta kinda White ink question.
« on: February 28, 2017, 03:09:38 PM »
We've been using the Synergy cotton white for awhile. I really like the fast no tack flash we get. What I don't like is how it climbs like a scared cat. For those that have used it can you recommend another white that floods better, but has the same flash properties?
Tees and Coffee

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: Another sorta kinda White ink question.
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2017, 03:22:24 PM »
how old is the ink? The newer batches don't climb nearly as much. Also, try using a squeegee as a floodbar. That makes a big difference.

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline farmboygraphics

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2017, 03:43:11 PM »
Pierre,

Got the 5 in Sept. Regarding using the squeegee as a floodbar, are you using it as a hard flood? I have tried it in the past, but not with very much success. To be honest I didn't put as much time into as I should have and never gave it another go.
Tees and Coffee

Offline Atownsend

• !!!
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2017, 04:25:00 PM »
how old is the ink? The newer batches don't climb nearly as much. Also, try using a squeegee as a floodbar. That makes a big difference.

pierre

That sounds crazy enough to work. Squeegee as a flood bar.... Madness! Going to try it on our next setup. Just got a fresh 5 gallon of the synergy cotton white here. The last batch that we used did climb a bit, but it didn't bother me enough to mitigate the benefits of the ink.

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2017, 04:47:15 PM »
get a blade from Joe or we use Sonny's double bevel. Either should make a significant difference!

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!