Author Topic: 68 camaro  (Read 1975 times)

Offline lemorris

68 camaro
« on: April 22, 2017, 06:49:45 PM »
Hate being the only poster.  Cmon you guys.  Forums die cause folks lurk.  Bring the ink!

68 Camaro...photoshop...blah blah blah.  :)

Here's the video render:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RgcTQBkTBUg

Offline screenxpress

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: 68 camaro
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2017, 08:12:02 PM »
Awesome............as usual  ;)
Anything important is never left to the vote of the people. We only get to vote on some man; we never get to vote on what he is to do.  Will Rogers

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2017, 06:06:30 PM »
Although we would love more art participation, it's proven to not flourish here thus far.  Since I hear over the years, that artist do get work here and respond to post needing art, It's more of a printer driven forum, yet our printer members have stated they would love more art participation as well. That said, with me being an artist and all, I'd love for it to grow by adding more art driven participation, but I don't see it going that way thus far. It's great and going strong for printers and printers want more artist here, but the artist don't seem to come. Not sure why. Maybe they feel they want an easier method to show art? Too difficult?

We don't let people get too "colorful" here with post that get out of hand etc. Much less than facebook groups do. Many people don't like being limited to what they can say. So some of that might be it. Not sure.

FB Print groups seem to not really want too much art promotion. Not us, but that's what I see over there.

They seem to drive home the idea frequently that they are "print" groups. So much so, that I left one of the screen print groups due to the moderator/owners frequent postings of letting artist know they only want "printers" in there. I felt very unwelcomed as an artist. There have been several "Screen print art" groups created to differentiate themselves from the print groups out of necessity, Jason started his, (and seems to be working well for showing your stuff) and then TNT started one just for artist to talk/show art. Since several of the printers have stressed how they don't want you to promote yourselves (too much), that kind of defeats the purpose of posting art there. Lets face it, anytime we post art, it's to promote what we do and how we are doing as well as to discuss processes.

We have never prohibited artist from showing there wares, or promoting themselves. Kind of a unique position It's not like you're looking for full time work where it would be posted in the employment section. Everyone wants an artist or some specific art. Why not give them a place to promote themselves and you printers can see a vast variety of offerings.

We welcome artist promoting their services. Give your pricing structures, examples and even your daily progress. Post'm if you got'm.
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline lemorris

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2017, 01:35:33 AM »
Obviously it's not something you are doing.  I'm not implying artists don't post here cause they're not allowed to.

The encouragement is lacking though...a little.

You for example are quite possibly the industries leading artist and top color separator... plus you are a principle on this site...yet...very little you art or jobs is here.  I think those waiting in the wings might feel more comfortable sharing if the leader shared.  Kinda like a water it and it'll grow kinda thing.  Maybe not so deep thought style.  Very very few are at or will ever be at your level, me included.  Lead by example....just see if it helps.  I think it's a great resource for printers and artists.  I know we are flakey and suck most of the time, but our path is different.  We still can contribute in our way and perhaps grow through the sharing with each other.  Other platforms don't matter.  This is TSB. 

You have a great reach and influence.  Open the door...gently though.... :) ..... I'll chill.  I sincerely hope it gets better. 

All good.

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2017, 07:39:26 AM »
Man, you were coating it heavy. ;) LOL.  I am well aware of the plethora of good artist out their. I'm but a goldfish in an internet ocean.  Nice of you, but you yourself are now as good as I am already. I might have one up on you for the separating background, but we're on the same playing field in art skills and have been for a long time now.

I see what you're saying and I appreciate the sincerity.
While I[m an artist, 99% of my work now (for years now), has been in separating other peoples art. So it's not that often I have something of mine...and when I do, I'm still not keen on posting it unless it's something interesting or worthy.  Also, if I post up something less than I can do, then people think that's all you can do. If I post up flowers then people might only want to think of you when they have a flower.

I do a lot of art that I don't feel is worth posting to show off or to help someone for design purposes. A lot of the art I have time for is more like (very basic) that any artist can do so I'm a little shy at posting that.

At my day job, we do 1-3 color work and it's rare that I get time or the customers willingness to allow me to open up on a job. I've done about 3 jobs there that I'm happy with and I've posted them printed but not shown really in the art section so I'll do that.
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline Boldline

« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2017, 07:04:04 PM »
I apologize that I have not posted more work to the board here. I do love the group here, I promise! I appreciated Dan's post on one of the screen print forums on FB re-inviting us to post art here... so I took up the challenge and will continue to do so.
Mat Woodworth
Bold Line Design
www.boldlinedesign.com
twitter: @boldlinedesign
facebook: www.facebook.com/boldlinedesignllc

Offline ravenmark

• Verified/Junior
  • Derek
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2017, 01:09:37 AM »
Looks good maybe I can find that Camaro I did back in the day.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2017, 01:14:48 AM by ravenmark »

Offline Redeemed

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2017, 12:56:34 AM »
Nice, I need to get one done of a 69 for my Son.