Author Topic: Squeegee Blades?  (Read 1077 times)

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
Squeegee Blades?
« on: April 27, 2017, 02:15:19 PM »
what a difference a sharp squeegee can do for a job, few months back I bought a roll of new rubber 70/90/70 (thanks for the tip Homer) so now I'm looking at some 60/90   70/90  never use those blades before always single or triple, so whats the skinny on the bi-blades?  I'm looking at ordering some 60/90/60 until I saw the bi-blades...thanks for all advice

darryl
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: Squeegee Blades?
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2017, 09:45:02 AM »
Dang no one using the bi-blades?

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2017, 10:39:03 AM »
Never seen 'em.
If I am picturing it right, the main difference between a two ply and three ply, would be a little more effect of the stiffer ply due to it's greater thickness.
Of course, this blade would also lose the ability to be flipped around.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline Prince Art

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2017, 10:54:39 AM »
The only place I've ever seen them in on this chart, http://www.decotechgroup.com/screen-printing/polyurethane-squeegees/ linked to ink this thread: http://www.theshirtboard.com/index.php/topic,20106.msg188782.html#msg188782

I can't see where they'd have any benefit over triples. It just seems you'd lose the ability to use the squeegee rubber on both sides. But- no real world experience to speak from!
Nice guys laugh last.

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2017, 11:36:22 AM »
Just learned something.
I may have to change my previous comment slightly as when looking at the Pleiger profile pics, I see, on theirs,  the ply thickness of the stiffer part is the same on double on triple.
Doesn't look that way on mine.  Serilor triples look like three equal plies.

Offline Shanarchy

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2017, 04:06:17 PM »
Just a random guess, print with the soft side and it give you the result of a triple duro (better coverage), flip it and it's like printing with a hard edge blade (halftones)?

Totally guessing here.

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2017, 04:50:57 PM »
Just a random guess, print with the soft side and it give you the result of a triple duro (better coverage), flip it and it's like printing with a hard edge blade (halftones)?

Totally guessing here.

Yeah that's what I was thinking Shane getting two squeegee's in one, might have to buy a few feet, I see they have a 60/90 and a 70/90.
@ Frog I see what your talking about but from what they show 60/90  70/90 are the same thickness as the 70/90/70 3/8 x 2

Offline Prince Art

« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2017, 05:40:52 PM »
This may show some ignorance on my part, but how common is it to print textiles with 90 duro? I've always thought 80 was about as hard as is typically used for the actual print edge. The 2-in-1 possibility of double-duro squeegees occurred to me, but I didn't see it as practical.
Nice guys laugh last.

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2017, 05:47:40 PM »

Totally guessing here.

Yeah that's what I was thinking Shane getting two squeegee's in one, might have to buy a few feet, I see they have a 60/90 and a 70/90.
@ Frog I see what your talking about but from what they show 60/90  70/90 are the same thickness as the 70/90/70 3/8 x 2

Yes, as I said, that brand seems to use a 3/16" thick ply for the 90 no matter if 2 or 3 ply, while some, like the  Serilor 3 ply I have, use a 1/8" thickness.