Author Topic: Idea's you've missed on  (Read 1266 times)

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
Idea's you've missed on
« on: May 05, 2017, 10:24:04 AM »
Have you ever had a great idea that you've missed the boat on,  back when I first started in screen printing I was trying to start my own T-shirt line, first thing after creating my logo I was looking at getting tag labels, and then I found out I would not have that kind of money, I decided printed my logo inside the shirt, only did so many and I was working with waterbase inks , didn't really know what I doing.  I stop because I wanted my stuff to be like other brands that had fancy labels, now if I would have had the foresight to see it back then I would have patented it or whatever I could have done, as now it's very popular.  I've learn over the years that the greatest idea's and inventions come from necessity or lack of money for the right equipment ;)  Any of you had great idea's or inventions that you might could have cashed in on. :'(
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
Re: Idea's you've missed on
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2017, 10:35:40 AM »
My wife has never forgiven me for not cashing in after she saw that back around 1955 or so, I apparently invented inline skates.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline Croft

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2017, 12:59:44 PM »
The Lighter Dabber! always joked I should invent a bingo dabber with a lighter in the top , after volunteering at bingo halls to raise money for my kids sports in the early 90's smoking was excessive in those days.

Offline broadway

• !!!
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2017, 03:23:30 PM »
College project in 1983. I came up with "porta cup of coffee" for a marketing project.  I took a Visine bottle and applied a new label for  "concentrated coffee drops". Just add to hot water... My kids went crazy when i showed them the bottle which was thrown out later. At the time, concentrate liquid drops for carbanted water and juice where new and my kids could not believe i missed the boat.

Offline ABuffington

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2017, 06:57:08 PM »
How many of us took apart those cheap metal skates and nailed them to a 2x4 not realizing we had invented the skate board?
Alan Buffington
Murakami Screen USA  - Technical Support and Sales
www.murakamiscreen.com

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2017, 07:11:03 PM »
How many of us took apart those cheap metal skates and nailed them to a 2x4 not realizing we had invented the skate board?

Nailed it!

We realized what we had, but it was before the surfing craze took hold, so we didn't see the shape thing. Someone in my neighborhood called them "bun boards" Why? I asked. 'Cause you'll spend a lot of time on your  buns!
A few years later, it was with clay wheels from shoe skates, and then someone discovered the urethane kicker wheels from copy machines offered way more grip.

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2017, 07:33:23 PM »
And here's an example of the logical progression in the days when these were more like scooters before these "bun boards" became "sidewalk surfers" (but we had a stick across the top for a handle and a steering aid.)

« Last Edit: May 10, 2017, 07:35:36 PM by Frog »

Offline Inkworks

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Pad&Screenprinter
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2017, 12:24:11 PM »
Pretzel crust pizza. I invented it about 3 years before it came out.
Wishin' I was Fishin'