Author Topic: Galactic Design  (Read 1190 times)

Offline Boldline

Galactic Design
« on: May 06, 2017, 12:10:11 PM »
I designed a VBS shirt for a church that was based on a galactic theme. The church had a few coloring sheets of stars and planets and asked for an interpretive design for the shirt starting at the left chest and wrapping around the front to the right-side hip. The design was sized down for youth and up for adults.

Mr Tees!! printed these for me and did a terrific job! This was not the easiest job to print and he really knocked it out of the park - it had an odd layout, lots of gaps between the white ink to keep pristine, the added challenge of printing white ink with lots of fine details, a scaled down version to boot. Very impressed!
Mat Woodworth
Bold Line Design
www.boldlinedesign.com
twitter: @boldlinedesign
facebook: www.facebook.com/boldlinedesignllc

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
Re: Galactic Design
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2017, 12:23:41 PM »
That's a NICE clean design. Printer friendly and very attractive. What more can you ask for?
Task accomplished!

You an Illy guy or a Corel guy?  Not that it matters in the art.

Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline Mr Tees!!

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2017, 12:35:18 PM »
Thanks, Mat! Its jobs like this where S-mesh really helps, especially with detail. 135-S single stroke base, roller after flash, 225-S single stroke top white. IC Legacy white.
Thanks TSB gang!!

...Sean, Mr Tees!!!

Offline Boldline

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2017, 12:50:14 PM »
I'm an Illy guy! much to Sean's chagrin - haha. Getting Illy files to cooperate with his version of Corel was not a fun task for a while.

I had been a Macromedia Freehand user who shifted to the Adobe Suite when Macromedia was bought out. Believe it or not, I hadn't heard of Corel until I got into screen print design. - by this point I had already mastered Illy. Corel was also a windows only app - and I'd always been a mac user, which might explain why I had not heard of Corel sooner.

I'm not a big fan of Adobe however, so I've been looking at alternative vector apps to use. I purchased Affinity Designer and Affinity Photo and have been slowly shifting over to them.
Mat Woodworth
Bold Line Design
www.boldlinedesign.com
twitter: @boldlinedesign
facebook: www.facebook.com/boldlinedesignllc