Author Topic: Does anyone have a press that has bungee cords to help keep the screens up?  (Read 1398 times)

Offline tifferpoo

I need to do this, but I don't know where the cords go...

If anyone could post a picture of this, i would appreciate it!

Tifferpoo

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
I've seen it.  They basically tied them to the other side or to the middle.  This was on a Workhorse.

If you post pics of your press I'm sure people could give you a better idea of what would be most efficient.

I'm the kind of bungee cords. ;)

Offline Gabe

• If it`s not alive, I can print it.
sound like you are using wood screens
maybe you should consider aluminum
don`t mean to mess the thread team mates

Offline Shanarchy

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
It all depends on the press. I have a Vastex V20000. I keep a few pairs in the shop to use with the numbering attachment or if I put a roller frame in the side clamp attachment and slide the screen out a bit. I use two. Depending on your press you can hook it around the screen clamps, which is what I do. I bring them both back to the opposite end of the press and clip it to those screen clamps. Remember If it is two tight when you drop the screen you are printing on it will pull the other print head up. I hope that makes some sort of sense.

Note: I have no problem with the press holding up screens unless I am doing something oddball. In which case I should swap out the shocks for heavy duty ones. So this is not a press issue. Are you looking to do this for an oddball job or are you just not able to hold regular screens up? If it is the latter you should look into replacing the springs/shocks.