Author Topic: Shop Management software feature Wish List  (Read 2801 times)

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
Shop Management software feature Wish List
« on: November 10, 2011, 03:16:09 PM »
Have at it... if you could call up the developers of a shop management software what would you change?  What would you add?

I'm thinking about developing something and would love to accommodate as much as I could when adding the bells and whistles.

Do you like X's way of handling one thing but Y's way about something else?  Let me know.

What do you love, what do you hate?

Offline Nation03

• Gonzo Member
  • The Dude abides.
Re: Shop Management software feature Wish List
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2011, 04:39:12 PM »
I'm not educated enough to take advantage of all the features on my current software. I was using hand written invoices for a few years and now I bought t-works which is pretty cool since I actually have a professional looking invoice. The pricing on it is pretty cool, but I'm having trouble filling in an actual pricing grid because I don't like predetermining my print prices, especially on a manual press. I usually quote based on the job and t-works wants me to fill in a pricing grid, which I don't see being practical unless you have an auto and you know you'll be printing 400 shirts an hour no matter how many colors it is. So I'm not really sure what features I'd like because I don't have a lot of knowledge in the software end of the business, but i'd also like to hear from the pros on here, maybe I'll understand some of the features a little better.

What I'd like to see, and I'm not sure if this already exists, is a software that prices not only screen printing and embroidery, but DTG, vinyl/heat press stuff, banners, decals and all the other stuff that shops offer. I don't have to worry about that now since I only do screen printing, but eventually I want to offer most of those services.

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2011, 08:47:56 PM »
This could go one for pages and pages.  There are so many features that either are or are not in T-quoter that I couldn't begin to list them in 1 page.

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2011, 09:00:41 PM »
I don't think Andy has a cap on how many post you can do... have at it. ;)

Offline Homer

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2011, 10:15:07 PM »
a problem with t-quoter, when they give us the price lists to load into the program, they are all based on standard case pricing and we get better than case as I'm sure most of you guys do too. I have to manual go in and hunt down the main items in the database to adjust my price, and with all these increases coming out, it would be nice to get updated price lists.

...keep doing what you're doing, you'll only get what you've got...

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2011, 10:29:53 PM »
I go based off case, the reason is I get better than case, but there is always a sale, it's impossible to keep up with the prices.  It leaves a little more money for you.