Author Topic: UPS!!!!  (Read 3080 times)

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
UPS!!!!
« on: November 16, 2011, 10:55:04 AM »
I,ve got screen setup on the auto and screens setup on the manual all I need now is for UPS to show UPPPPP!  Sam (I know its all me should have had all my ducks in a row)  you to Homer before both you guys blast me...takin from Jim Carey IT WAS ME!!!!, but I still hate waiting for UPS.

Darryl
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: UPS!!!!
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2011, 11:01:13 AM »
a lot of it right now is crappy stock from vendors.  It's really hard for me to get shirts from the same warehouse, or even at all.  I felt like all I did yesterday was call customers and tell them their stuff won't be ready and would they like to switch items.

It's tough.

Offline Scobey Peterman

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2011, 11:12:13 AM »
When this happen to us I call the terminal and ask who is driving my route.

Then I call the driver.  I have several numbers in my cell phone.
Quality over Quantity

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2011, 11:28:55 AM »
We are VERY lucky.  Our shop is one of the very first stops and our driver is a computer customer of ours.  We have his cell and he's good about coming back if we missed him because we were late (he shows up VERY close to 9 and hey, what's the point of having your own business if you can't be late from time to time. ;)

I do miss our old guy... technically same guy we have now but the one for the house.  He was very cool and would call and ask if he needed to drop it off at the in-laws (couple miles away) or if they weren't answering the door and he needed signature he'd call me and I could call them (big house so they don't hear the door).

He'd even sign for packages or keep them and bring them to me where ever I was in town in his personal vehicle.  Hell, he was on vacation and I was in desperate need of a package that should have been on his truck and I called him and he called the guy that was replacing him to see what was up.

I wish he was our driver for the shop now that everything comes here vs the house. :(

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2011, 11:35:02 AM »
Darryl, have you verified via tracking that it is indeed "out for delivery"?

Heck I wish I had your problems of deliveries being late at 10 in the morning. Mine usually come between 3-4pm with some as late as 8:00 pm close to Christmas!
That's one big disadvantage of residential area delivery.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2011, 11:37:59 AM »
Our old UPS guy had a set time that he almost never missed he was like clock work, the new guy we like him, but you never know what time he might show up.  Ordering shirts is a pain I,d hate to have to order 10,000 at one time we would have orders from 10 warehouses.

Darryl

Offline bimmridder

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2011, 01:06:07 PM »
You could let it "slip" that FedEx is hounding you to be your primary small package company. That is really the case here, and I can't believe how often I have seen my UPS rep in the last month. It is getting us better rates, but FedEx is looking pretty damn good...price wise.
Barth Gimble

Printing  (not well) for 35 years. Strong in licensed sports apparel. Plastisol printer. Located in Cedar Rapids, IA

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2011, 03:53:28 PM »
We use to use DHL or something like that, now Frank was the bomb great guy, but DHL just vanished around here.

Offline T Shirt1

• !!!
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2011, 07:04:19 PM »
You can always have your shipments put in 'will call' and go get them.  Our UPS drivers get here any where between 10:30a - 1p  ---used to be 9:30a like clockwork.  We've got a quick turn embroidery job tomorrow so we're having our local courier pick up at the UPS center at 8a -back to us by 8:30.  Usually about once a month we just can't afford to wait for UPS.

DHL pulled out of the intra-US market and is expanding internationally.
steve

Offline Shawn (EIP)

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2011, 07:09:12 PM »
We are VERY lucky.  Our shop is one of the very first stops and our driver is a computer customer of ours.  We have his cell and he's good about coming back if we missed him because we were late (he shows up VERY close to 9 and hey, what's the point of having your own business if you can't be late from time to time. ;)

I do miss our old guy... technically same guy we have now but the one for the house.  He was very cool and would call and ask if he needed to drop it off at the in-laws (couple miles away) or if they weren't answering the door and he needed signature he'd call me and I could call them (big house so they don't hear the door).

He'd even sign for packages or keep them and bring them to me where ever I was in town in his personal vehicle.  Hell, he was on vacation and I was in desperate need of a package that should have been on his truck and I called him and he called the guy that was replacing him to see what was up.

I wish he was our driver for the shop now that everything comes here vs the house. :(

Your luck never seems to never run out  ;)

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2011, 07:13:04 PM »
That's a beautiful thing here... my house, office and the ups AND fedex are create a neat little triangle... I have a 1/2 mile detour down a single road to get to UPS or FedEx.  So if need be I can have it pulled off the truck that night or not put on as T Shirt1 said.  So when it's something urgent that was coming to the house I'd just do that then swing by and grab it.

Still just miss Ross, my other UPS guy.

Funny, unrelated story, one day his horn was malfunctioning and going off randomly.  So every where he went it seemed like he was giving everyone a toot.  He said he just drove around smiling and waving at everyone.  I remember him driving off from my house *toot...  toot....  ... toot tooot"  that still brings a smile to my face when I think of him having to drive around with the horn going off.

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2011, 07:15:06 PM »
Your luck never seems to never run out  ;)

Well... if my old guy or my wife's childhood friend's BF gets put on our store route instead of our current guy then I'll REALLY be lucky!  Steve is alright but I don't like abusing the fact that I have his cell.  Plus he's a little up tight, the other guys are real laid back.

Online ebscreen

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2011, 07:30:00 PM »
My current UPS guy used to be the driver for my old job a block over. So basically we've
been shipping acquaintances for 12 years or so. He's awesome. He's had the same one-liners
for a decade.

Problem is he frequently takes the month long vacations that UPS allows him. Can't blame him,
but the guys that cover his route leave some UPS'ing to be desired.

Funny, unrelated story, one day his horn was malfunctioning and going off randomly. 

I love it when cars do that. I threaten to rig my girlfriends car like that all the time.