Author Topic: how is this for ups fail....  (Read 844 times)

Offline whitewater

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
how is this for ups fail....
« on: November 21, 2011, 09:54:57 AM »
ordered 8 cases of shirts and what not last thursday. Well friday delivery (which I get around 2-3 pm) well only 7 cases decided to grace me with their presence..

Track a package (i hate that ladies voice) comes up nada. Call sanmar..they call ups...nada..no one knows where it is. It needs to be traced and that takes time.

I didn't have time because the customer needs the printed items today.

So Sanmar was nice enough so send out another box, with the same items for me since I really needed them. I told them to drop ship at ups hub so I can pick up at 9 am instead of waiting until 2-3 pm.

Well I go there at 9 am  and guess what?  They LOST that one too!!!!!!!

So 2 boxes with the same exact items sent on 2 different days are hiding in the UPS bermuda effin triangle!

Thank you for letting me rant.

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: how is this for ups fail....
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2011, 10:04:26 AM »
wow, that seems really strange.  It's rare for UPS to screw up(we are also in atlanta, and if they can't get it right in their hometown!).

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2011, 10:13:06 AM »
I have had a five or six packages go to the wrong place initially, and one or two completely vanish over twenty years, but it's rare nowadays to not have them show in the tracking system.
Online, it generally shows each step of the journey.
My problems have generally started with it getting put on the wrong local truck in the first place. Although while tracking, it does not list the specific truck, a weak link I feel, in their tracking system (at least at our end)
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline Shawn (EIP)

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2011, 11:02:17 AM »
I had a UPS hub send 5 boxes going to 5 different places all to the same place somewhere in NC even though I printed out labels for each one off their customer computer. Ended up refunding one customer and pissing off the others. Great times.