Author Topic: Anyone using this? (T-worksmanager & T-invoicer)  (Read 14399 times)

Offline Prosperi-Tees

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Common Sense - Get Some
Re: Anyone using this? (T-worksmanager & T-invoicer)
« Reply #30 on: December 09, 2011, 10:15:43 PM »
T-Works Joe seems to have not been on in awhile. Id like to when the email invoices and art proofs from within the program will be available.

Offline jason-23

• FONTNINJA
« Reply #31 on: December 10, 2011, 09:56:46 AM »
looks like they are in there....http://www.t-worksmanager.com/screenshots.html

Offline Prosperi-Tees

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Common Sense - Get Some
« Reply #32 on: December 10, 2011, 12:45:29 PM »
looks like they are in there....http://www.t-worksmanager.com/screenshots.html

But Joe said they are working on it to be able to email from within the program and not have to save to PDF and add as an attachment in your email program. A program I worked with in my previous career was able to shoot quotes over by a click of a button within the program which was really nice.

Offline tworksjoe

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #33 on: December 28, 2011, 10:57:59 AM »
Welcome aboard Joe. :)

I'm getting close to purchasing TW-Manager, and I have a question on the price matrix. I'm still trying to figure out which of my two pricing schemes is most accurate for MY shop. Does TW calculate my prices for me based data I provide, such as overhead, fixed costs, payroll, and yada yada, yada, OR do I calculate my prices myself and enter them into the matrix?

Sorry for just now getting back, haven't been on in a while! You'll need to calculate your pricing matrix yourself in the current version. In the next version there will be support for tracking overhead and calculating profit which will aid you in setting up pricing.

Offline tworksjoe

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #34 on: December 28, 2011, 11:13:49 AM »
Joe, first welcome to the forum.
Second, a question for you. I know that T-Works can run a lot or reports for you, but does it run a report for collected sales tax?
Also, if you have the TW manager, what is a benefit of having a Quick Books if you can run all of those reports on TW?

Yes, the reports you can generate in T-Works show the collected sales tax. Many business's run some type of shop management software that has accounting type functionality yet still use Quickbooks because that's what their accountant/bookkeeper wants to use and has always used.

Offline tworksjoe

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #35 on: December 28, 2011, 11:16:00 AM »
Needs a Dongle..  :o

That's a deal breaker for me unless the new version does away with it.

Can someone explain to me why companies feel the need to force me to stick a peripheral device into my computer that allows me to use a program that in the case of it being lost or forgotten, as it must be removed from a laptop before it can be placed in the carry case.. renders said program completely useless when u need it most.

Again, sorry for the late reply, but the dongle is no longer required.

Offline tworksjoe

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #36 on: December 28, 2011, 11:31:09 AM »
Nice looking program.  I like that it's mac compatible and I really like the in-built tech sheets, well done on that.  I'd be more interested if this sucker was web-based though.  We have a production and a retail site that are separate from each other but we may be interacting with clients at either spot.  I use a web-based accounting system + google docs to handle the situation currently. 

One major benefit for shops with more than 3-4 employees of having something like this web-based is that those tech sheet fields could be easily and accurately updated by having some tablets or cheapo netbooks at every station in the shop. 

Does T-worksmanager have any sort of export function to make uploading to the accounting program an easy deal?

Thanks for the compliments! I hear you about being web-based, but I also think that being web-based is a little over-rated as well. You can still operate T-Works over multiple locations with a static IP, which you can get free: http://www.no-ip.com/ or for $29/yr at: http://dyn.com/dns/dyn-standard-dns/?via=run ). I have customers with have multiple shop locations that do this every day.

I agree with you about low cost tablet support, in fact it's planned for 2012.

Offline tworksjoe

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #37 on: December 28, 2011, 11:37:05 AM »
I'm considering the T-works manager. However, I am seeing the newest Bodek pricing is from 2010? Also, after the first year can you still download the new vendor pricing? Or would you have to upgrade to have access to it? Also, is there any kind of a payables function?

Thanks!

If you have an account and can send me the latest Bodek pricing in excel, I'll convert it for you and post it to the website. We also have tutorials and sample files available on the website to create your own vendor pricing files that can be imported into T-Works. About upgrades, for existing users you'll be able to download pricing after the first year, but that may change for new users after the new version is released.

Offline tworksjoe

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #38 on: December 28, 2011, 11:39:29 AM »
T-Works Joe seems to have not been on in awhile. Id like to when the email invoices and art proofs from within the program will be available.

In the new version, should be available in a few weeks!!

Offline David005

• Verified/Junior
Anyone using this? (T-worksmanager & T-invoicer)
« Reply #39 on: December 28, 2011, 11:45:05 AM »
T-quoter user here

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #40 on: December 28, 2011, 03:53:09 PM »
Nice looking program.  I like that it's mac compatible and I really like the in-built tech sheets, well done on that.  I'd be more interested if this sucker was web-based though.  We have a production and a retail site that are separate from each other but we may be interacting with clients at either spot.  I use a web-based accounting system + google docs to handle the situation currently. 

One major benefit for shops with more than 3-4 employees of having something like this web-based is that those tech sheet fields could be easily and accurately updated by having some tablets or cheapo netbooks at every station in the shop. 

Does T-worksmanager have any sort of export function to make uploading to the accounting program an easy deal?

Thanks for the compliments! I hear you about being web-based, but I also think that being web-based is a little over-rated as well. You can still operate T-Works over multiple locations with a static IP, which you can get free: http://www.no-ip.com/ or for $29/yr at: http://dyn.com/dns/dyn-standard-dns/?via=run ). I have customers with have multiple shop locations that do this every day.

I agree with you about low cost tablet support, in fact it's planned for 2012.

Hmmmm... tell me more on this.  So you install T-Works on one station, with a static IP (this is offered by my internet provider I believe) and then we can access that file from additional computers across town?   

I agree that most web-based apps are over-rated in that they offer far less functionality but it seems attractive just for the instant network on demand effect a cloud app has.  In our case though, we really almost need it due to the split locations.

Offline Denis Kolar

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #41 on: December 28, 2011, 10:45:06 PM »
Ones that have the software, did you get the CD back-up in the box with the purchase or it was just a download?

Offline Shanarchy

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #42 on: December 29, 2011, 09:09:24 AM »
Ones that have the software, did you get the CD back-up in the box with the purchase or it was just a download?

It was a download (no dongle needed). I received an e-mail with download instructions and key within minutes of making the payment.

Offline tworksjoe

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #43 on: December 29, 2011, 12:57:44 PM »
Hmmmm... tell me more on this.  So you install T-Works on one station, with a static IP (this is offered by my internet provider I believe) and then we can access that file from additional computers across town?   

I agree that most web-based apps are over-rated in that they offer far less functionality but it seems attractive just for the instant network on demand effect a cloud app has.  In our case though, we really almost need it due to the split locations.

With the multi-user version of T-Works, you can set your router to port forward Filemaker's network port (5003) to a specific IP Address from a remote location to connect to that remote network.

Offline theSignShop

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #44 on: December 29, 2011, 01:05:28 PM »
...and by tweeking the output of the dilithium crystals, we should be able to divert pulse power to the phasers....
If you cannot explain something simply enough, you do not know your subject matter well enough.
-Albert Einstein