Author Topic: Anyone using this? (T-worksmanager & T-invoicer)  (Read 14398 times)

Offline Prosperi-Tees

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Common Sense - Get Some
Anyone using this? (T-worksmanager & T-invoicer)
« on: November 22, 2011, 01:12:14 PM »
If anyone one is using either of these, what are your thoughts? They just came out with t-invoicer 4. I have been using t-invoicer 3 and dont like that you cant email from the program or save to pdf. It looks like they have that figured out.

http://www.t-worksmanager.com/

http://www.t-invoicer.com/
« Last Edit: November 22, 2011, 05:35:09 PM by blue moon »

Offline Nation03

• Gonzo Member
  • The Dude abides.
Re: Anyone using this?
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2011, 04:13:51 PM »
I use t-works. This is my first pricing software so I'm new to all of this, but so far I like it. I've been saving the pdfs and email them to client just fine. I'm sure people who use more sophisticated programs would be able to tell you more of the flaws of t-works, but for right now it is working fine for me. I'm still fine tuning my pricing list.. having trouble figuring out how much to charge for the second print location, but other then that I like it. The reason I went for t-works is because it seemed that ever program I looked up had a monthly charge and I really didn't want that right now.

Offline Prosperi-Tees

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2011, 04:15:49 PM »
Yeah I like the $99 a year. Alot of other programs are $400+

Offline Socalfmf

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Lead, Follow or Get Out of the Way!
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2011, 04:17:57 PM »
i use priceit...I found they were the best fit for our company...and you can customize it and customer service is top notch...

found at www.priceitsoftware.com

sam

Offline tworksjoe

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2011, 04:43:25 PM »
Of course I might be a little bias, but I use T-Works Manager. ;) All the features you'll need, easy to use and without the ridiculous pricing.

To answer Nation03's question "having trouble figuring out how much to charge for the second print location":

Just check the gray "x" under the placement in the pricing tab for each placement you want on that line item, T-Works will automatically add the correct pricing.

Offline Big Frank Sports

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2011, 04:55:00 PM »
I currently use T-works Manager and like it alot.  I tried Price-it and it was a GREAT program but TOOO MUCH for me and my elementary school budget. 

I have called Joe many many times and he has been very helpful.

Frank
Frank Allnutt
Your Logo, Motto or Photo on just about ANYTHING! 304-982-7159 - don't let the video phone intro SCARE ya!

Offline Prosperi-Tees

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2011, 05:32:12 PM »
How did they find out about that so fast? lol. I currently use T-Invoicer 3 that I bought off ebay. It works for simple invoicing and quoting but need to be able to email quotes and art etc etc within the program. Is this something that T-Works is capable of? Because I bought off of Ebay will I still qualify for the upgrade pricing?

Offline tworksjoe

• Verified/Junior
Re: Anyone using this? (T-worksmanager & T-invoicer)
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2011, 06:02:40 PM »
Yes, T-Works can create estimates, work orders, art approvals , layout sheets (artwork mocked up on a t-shirt) , tech sheets & more and all can be emailed to the customer. The current version does not support emailing direct from the software but the new version we're releasing soon will. And yes, all owners of T-Invoicer 3 qualify for upgrade pricing whether bought off ebay or not!

here's a link for the upgrade:

http://www.t-worksmanager.com/upgrade.html

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2011, 06:08:20 PM »
Of course I might be a little bias, but I use T-Works Manager. ;) All the features you'll need, easy to use and without the ridiculous pricing.

To answer Nation03's question "having trouble figuring out how much to charge for the second print location":

Just check the gray "x" under the placement in the pricing tab for each placement you want on that line item, T-Works will automatically add the correct pricing.

Joe,

welcome to the board! And since we have your attention, would you mind clarifying the difference between your program and other packages out there?

I am very happy with T-Cal, and am not looking to switch, but can imagine that different members here have different requirements from the package. It would be nice to know what those differences are (beyond the pricing).

thanx,

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline Prosperi-Tees

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2011, 06:14:55 PM »
Yes, T-Works can create estimates, work orders, art approvals , layout sheets (artwork mocked up on a t-shirt) , tech sheets & more and all can be emailed to the customer. The current version does not support emailing direct from the software but the new version we're releasing soon will. And yes, all owners of T-Invoicer 3 qualify for upgrade pricing whether bought off ebay or not!

here's a link for the upgrade:

http://www.t-worksmanager.com/upgrade.html

So should I hold off until the new release because emailing direct from the program would be a huge plus!

Offline cclaud3

« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2011, 07:37:19 PM »
I have been using it for a couple of months and like it. I'm still using my pricing spreadsheet to calculate costs, which I copy over to t-works manager. When I get a minute I'll start using the built in placement pricing. Joe responded fairly quick with my initial questions.

Before t-works I was using quickbooks + my pricing spreadsheet. I was having to copy each estimate/invoice so that the garments were displayed on each line item....very time consuming. Overlapping that trial I tried the iPhone app Ringitup. It was nice but wasn't made to make a lot of matrix calculations. It's plus was that I could make an estimate or invoice from anywhere and send it as a PDF, apply payments, etc.

I would love if t-works manager would be able to duplicate an estimate so that I could make a variation. Many times the customer asks for a option if they order a different quantity or garment. Kind of sucks to key everything again for a couple of basic changes. Export to mac quickbooks would be great, too.

Chris

Offline Nation03

• Gonzo Member
  • The Dude abides.
« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2011, 08:30:37 PM »
From what I read t-works has no monthly or yearly subscription costs correct? I'm pretty sure you just buy the software license and thats it. That was the main selling point for me.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2011, 08:37:23 PM by Nation03 »

Offline tworksjoe

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2011, 09:12:18 PM »
Pierre, Having not fully looked at all the other software packages out there, I don't think I could accurately compare features. However, from what I hear from my customers, the user interface is the best out there, very intuitive & easy to use. With the upcoming version nearing completion, I'll have to create a product comparison on the website and am confident will clearly separate us from the rest.

Offline tworksjoe

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2011, 09:14:11 PM »
So should I hold off until the new release because emailing direct from the program would be a huge plus!

I'm telling my customers if they're buying now, the upgrade will be free.

Offline tworksjoe

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2011, 09:35:23 PM »
Chris, glad you like it. Quickbooks support & duplicating orders will be in the next version for sure. I'd be interested in seeing how you use your spreadsheet to calculate pricing.