Author Topic: Black Friday for Printers..  (Read 2130 times)

Offline jsheridan

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Black Friday for Printers..
« on: November 25, 2011, 01:13:06 PM »
So do any of our suppliers or manufacturers offer any kind of Black Friday sales?

I can't remember a supplier ever doing something like this.

If they did, what would you wait all year to buy today?
Blacktop Graphics Screenprinting and Consulting Services

Offline JayzTeez

• !!!
  • Manual Screen Printer
Re: Black Friday for Printers..
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2011, 01:17:16 PM »
i didn't see any specials but i really didn't look either.  i would probably stock up on a few items if it were 20 or so percent off.  no big purchases though.
Jayz Teez Screen Printing
Houtzdale, PA.

Offline jsheridan

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2011, 01:22:03 PM »
Ryonet has a few deals but nothing spectacular

http://www.silkscreeningsupplies.com/screen-printing-supply-specials
Blacktop Graphics Screenprinting and Consulting Services

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2011, 01:44:34 PM »
Ryonet has a few deals but nothing spectacular

http://www.silkscreeningsupplies.com/screen-printing-supply-specials

actually, the InkSoft deal at $200 off and two free months is not bad! I don't like the way their interface works and the art is pretty crappy, but even then, I had to think about it twice.

Sam here uses it, maybe he can chime in and give us some feedback!

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline Shawn (EIP)

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2011, 01:55:47 PM »
Not a fan of the 150.00 a month hosting fee whats the deal with that? Your spending 800 bucks off the bat and then get nailed with 150.00 a month. Am I missing something?

Offline Shanarchy

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2011, 02:08:38 PM »
Not a fan of the 150.00 a month hosting fee whats the deal with that? Your spending 800 bucks off the bat and then get nailed with 150.00 a month. Am I missing something?

I'm with Shawn. That is what makes it too cost prohibitive for me. I understand maintenance costs money and the probably update the clip art, etc. I just couldn't see myself spending more than $50/month after the initial start up fee. But I am sure it is a good fit for other shops.

I'd love to add one of these designers to my site. But, the affordable ones seem to have crappy artwork. I actually like this one a lot. No, the artwork won't blow you away, but I think they are pretty usable and would be a great place to point the customer who wants 24 one color tees with a simple layout. I find that extra time those small orders suck out of you along the way kills it. But for $150/month I'd have to be getting a lot of orders in from it.

Offline Shawn (EIP)

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2011, 02:15:32 PM »

I'm with Shawn. That is what makes it too cost prohibitive for me. I understand maintenance costs money and the probably update the clip art, etc. I just couldn't see myself spending more than $50/month after the initial start up fee. But I am sure it is a good fit for other shops.

I'd love to add one of these designers to my site. But, the affordable ones seem to have crappy artwork. I actually like this one a lot. No, the artwork won't blow you away, but I think they are pretty usable and would be a great place to point the customer who wants 24 one color tees with a simple layout. I find that extra time those small orders suck out of you along the way kills it. But for $150/month I'd have to be getting a lot of orders in from it.

damn shame too I was about to pull the trigger then read the small print

Offline Socalfmf

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Lead, Follow or Get Out of the Way!
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2011, 04:13:39 PM »
Sam here and I DO NOT USE it any longer...it sucked...customer service was the worst...and we did not get one order after having it for 1 month...hell I honestly do not even know if it ever worked...we went back to our old system which is not the sexiest, but heck I am getting 7-10 orders a week off of that...

sam

Offline Shawn (EIP)

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2011, 04:17:57 PM »
Sam here and I DO NOT USE it any longer...it sucked...customer service was the worst...and we did not get one order after having it for 1 month...hell I honestly do not even know if it ever worked...we went back to our old system which is not the sexiest, but heck I am getting 7-10 orders a week off of that...

sam

If Sam said it, don't mess with it!  ;D

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2011, 04:31:02 PM »

sam

aaaah, great to know that Sam. I have seriously been considering signing up for it!
Thanx for the heads up!

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline Northland

« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2011, 07:34:30 PM »
I've been looking at InkSoft for awhile...... the art is just too lame.

Thanks for the input Sam.

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2011, 10:48:55 PM »
I am running it now.  It is very time consuming to set up.  I am still getting the kinks worked out.  They did a major overhaul and it's a ton better than it was.  It's also a lot faster too.  So far I can't really recommend it or not recommend it.