Author Topic: Must watch  (Read 2614 times)

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
"No man is an island"

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: Must watch
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2011, 09:43:48 AM »
I see where chik-fil-a coming from.  They are overstepping though.  The difference is this guy is selling marketing material.

Chik-fil-a will have a hard time claiming "eat more" slogans.  Especially ones that are spelled correctly.

I had a friend that starting making grow trays for nurseries.  You could grow them from seed, and then the trays stack and can be sent to the retail store.  It saved a lot of labor.  The mistake he made was calling it a Mcstack.  You can see them at home depot still.  McDonalds came after him for copyright infringement.  He just had to sign an agreement that said he would never sell ready to eat food.

Also, Anderson Cooper looks like he can't control muscle function.

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2011, 09:57:29 AM »
I absolutely do not see where chick fil a is coming from.
"No man is an island"

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2011, 09:59:57 AM »
Seriously?  I guess living in the land of Chik-fil-a, I've grown up with eat mor chiken on every 3rd billboard.  It would be the first thing I thought of with those shirts.

But wouldn't parody laws cover this..even if it is infringement?

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2011, 10:06:23 AM »
A quick search does not show "eat more chiken" as trade marked so yes I do not see where they are coming from.
"No man is an island"

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2011, 10:12:55 AM »
I said I see where they are coming from, but that they are overstepping.  Thus, I am not saying I agree with them. 

Offline Donnie

• !!!
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2011, 10:14:57 AM »
Another instance of corporate bullying.  They have a closet full of pirate lawyers with a big pile of someone else's money and the Tee Shirt guy has... A GREAT BIG NUT SACK.  You go Tee Shirt Guy!

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2011, 10:29:26 AM »
I guess chic-fil-a is going to lose millions while this guy makes hundreds HA!!!!!!
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline Command-Z

• !!!
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2011, 11:00:55 AM »
Another instance of corporate bullying.  They have a closet full of pirate lawyers with a big pile of someone else's money and the Tee Shirt guy has... A GREAT BIG NUT SACK.  You go Tee Shirt Guy!

I agree Donnie. It's also another case of corporate hypocrisy, since these big businesses are always trying to get "big government" to reduce regulation, yet they run crying to to the courts when they see an opportunity to enforce some copyright law or intellectual property infringement.

In the perfect Randian anarcho-corporate fantasy utopia, where do copyright and patent laws fit in?

Design, Illustration and Color Separation for the Imprinted Apparel Industry for over 20 years. SeibelStudio.com
 Custom art not in the budget? Check out Bad Bonz Designs

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2011, 11:37:11 AM »
I think maybe those chik-fil-a folks need to eat a little more dark, leafy greens in their diet.  Studies show that a diet rich in vitamins and minerals can decrease your chances of being a raging freak!ng dumb sh!t.

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2011, 12:13:17 PM »

In the perfect Randian anarcho-corporate fantasy utopia

Wha?  Guess I need to do some research on this ^?  I needs a thesesaraurus, dicksionary or interweb google machine to figure out dem big wurds.
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it -T.J.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it -T.P.

Offline DILLON

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2011, 12:22:59 PM »
...  Studies show that a diet rich in vitamins and minerals can decrease your chances of being a raging freak!ng dumb sh!t.

Nice! I'm searching for the kale right now so I can make a delish vegetable shake... seriously

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2011, 12:39:38 PM »
My ex being from Ireland has introduced me to several kale dishes all very good, its like cabbage but richer in flavor.
"No man is an island"

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2011, 12:55:57 PM »
kale chips are really good.  Just hit them with some olive oil and sea salt and bake until crispy.  They are AWESOME!!

Offline Prosperi-Tees

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Common Sense - Get Some
« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2011, 04:21:56 PM »
Good for Kale man, I bet his sales will spike dramatically!