Author Topic: Have you heard of this scam?( Not the email one)  (Read 1035 times)

Offline whitewater

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Have you heard of this scam?( Not the email one)
« on: December 14, 2011, 08:49:18 AM »
I received a phone call from someone in CT. this morning. They placed an order from this website..https://www.absolutet-shirts.com/-i-5.html

Well they received no tracking numbers or anything. There is no phone number listed and the emails for info is pretty generic. (i would not order from here with only that info)

Well the person sent them emails to try to contact the company to make sure he was going to get the tees before christmas to hand out as gifts.His credit card was charged too I think.  He did a little uncovering, as much as he could, and found a couple names linked to the site. Mine was one of them. There is also an 'Absolute t-shirts' just about 20 miles from me. That company has been getting a ton of calls on this because the people that order probably think its them. But they have a totally different domain name and is seperate.

That fake company used our info like address and website info and what not to set up that fake website on godaddy.com...now they are just taking peoples money.

This is news to me...

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: Have you heard of this scam?( Not the email one)
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2011, 08:51:44 AM »
Pretty disturbing if you ask me.

If they are in CT and are in a bind send them to us we might be able to help.

"No man is an island"

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2011, 09:03:05 AM »
They are a funny shirt site.  Selling one and two shirts at a time.  My guess, they aren't fake, just either a poorly run company, or they closed and never took down the site.

I wonder if people's cards were even billed.

Offline whitewater

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2011, 01:38:10 PM »
yeah...this guys was...

I did google it myself about reviews and there were 5 complaints so far on it through the bbb about no delivery..

I just don't want my business in any way attached to them and it is...but the other printer has it worse..

Offline DanK

« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2011, 06:04:01 PM »
You should try contacting the ISP.  If you show them that they have used your address, website, etc, and that the site is fraudulent, their ISP will likely take the site down asap.  ISP's don't tolerate much of that kind of BS and act on it very quickly.  You def don't want your name associated with that kind of junk.
Dan Holzer

Offline jason-23

• FONTNINJA
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2011, 08:31:52 PM »
i agree with Dank, contact godaddy....shut them bunks downs!