Author Topic: Spam  (Read 2401 times)

Offline Denis Kolar

• Gonzo Member
Spam
« on: December 22, 2011, 06:44:02 AM »
Anybody else got spammed with FB invitations last night? I got 8 invitations to like a certain forums FB page.

And BTW, only 2 people like the page, lets wonder who they are :P

Offline Doug B

• !!!
Re: Spam
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2011, 07:03:40 AM »
  Just got 6 myself... Added to blocked senders list.   >:(

Offline mjrprint

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2011, 07:12:22 AM »
Yep I got like 9 of them. DELETE

Offline Zelko-4-EVA

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2011, 07:21:44 AM »
i deleted 14 of them

Offline Nation03

• Gonzo Member
  • The Dude abides.
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2011, 07:24:46 AM »
Guess I lucked out, I only got one invite lol. Deleted none the less

Offline Zelko-4-EVA

« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2011, 08:58:35 AM »
just deleted the 15th

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2011, 11:05:52 AM »
Its called the person does not know what they are doing lol. Some profess to be internet experts some well she ask a real expert before flooding bombing emails to death.
"No man is an island"

Offline Command-Z

• !!!
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2011, 11:11:36 AM »

I lol'd and hit delete.

There's already a Facebook group for TSPMB Refugees.
Design, Illustration and Color Separation for the Imprinted Apparel Industry for over 20 years. SeibelStudio.com
 Custom art not in the budget? Check out Bad Bonz Designs

Online GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2011, 11:23:09 AM »
Its called the person does not know what they are doing lol. Some profess to be internet experts some well she ask a real expert before flooding bombing emails to death.

Brandt | Graphic Disorder | www.GraphicDisorder.com
@GraphicDisorder - Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2011, 12:01:48 PM »
that's funny, I didn't get any.  I feel sad.

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2011, 04:21:05 PM »
I know they talked about getting a facebook page last year. I considered the benefits and it seems that it would be futile. Some say the same thing about Twitter. The benefit of Twitter (unlike a Facebook page) is that you can locate actual people in your industry on Twitter. Type in the search for printer or Embroiderer-er-er  and the list goes on and on.

I created a business page on Facebook for Dot-Tone-Designs . Then, after I did it, I thought well heck, the only people that are going to see it are the ones I tell to go there and the ones who already knowabout it via my invitations to LIKE my page.  If I do promotions (to get more LIKES), that only goes to my friends of (friends on facebook) who are not my potential customers.  Same for having a Forum page. Your friends "friends" are not printers. So.  I don't think it's beneficial to have anything on facebook for us or anyone of your mothers, uncles, cousins, and friends from high school.  I could be wrong. If it did anything, I think out of all of the growth vehicles to be available, facebook might contribute 2% of that growth. Just a guess.  LinkIn would be better, but then again,...LinkIn is somewhat of a similar place. A place to connect businesses. It would be like a Forum inside of a Forum.

All of the spam emails must be someone trying things out and not realizing that they are sending out email for every action. LOL.  and No, I didn't get a one of them. Dern it anyways.  ::)
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Online GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2011, 04:43:19 PM »
I know they talked about getting a facebook page last year. I considered the benefits and it seems that it would be futile. Some say the same thing about Twitter. The benefit of Twitter (unlike a Facebook page) is that you can locate actual people in your industry on Twitter. Type in the search for printer or Embroiderer-er-er  and the list goes on and on.

I created a business page on Facebook for Dot-Tone-Designs . Then, after I did it, I thought well heck, the only people that are going to see it are the ones I tell to go there and the ones who already knowabout it via my invitations to LIKE my page.  If I do promotions (to get more LIKES), that only goes to my friends of (friends on facebook) who are not my potential customers.  Same for having a Forum page. Your friends "friends" are not printers. So.  I don't think it's beneficial to have anything on facebook for us or anyone of your mothers, uncles, cousins, and friends from high school.  I could be wrong. If it did anything, I think out of all of the growth vehicles to be available, facebook might contribute 2% of that growth. Just a guess.  LinkIn would be better, but then again,...LinkIn is somewhat of a similar place. A place to connect businesses. It would be like a Forum inside of a Forum.

All of the spam emails must be someone trying things out and not realizing that they are sending out email for every action. LOL.  and No, I didn't get a one of them. Dern it anyways.  ::)

I guess I look at things differently for my business, everyone is a potential customer, so we are all about facebook.  A sep guy though, ya you may not have a big splash on facebook since only printers would generally want to use your services.  Even so, facebook is riddled with printers, so it could be powerful for you if used right.  But nothing comes easy. 

Linkedin is ok, not epic for us.  People want to see what I am doing, Facebook is best for that, twitter is decent for it but not as powerful, sure people can see a post, but they have to click a link to see the picture.  That's not as effective.  Even if my post is just on someones page and the flip past it on their phone, they see it and they will remember "Wow X sure is busy, must be a reason, I should buy from him", those types of replies.  Facebook is very effective in this way. 
Brandt | Graphic Disorder | www.GraphicDisorder.com
@GraphicDisorder - Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2011, 05:27:42 PM »
Understood.  Makes sense and would be good for printers selling to end users.  Yeah,  I kinda feel left out in that respect. I haven't tried to do searches for the key words like "screen printing" on facebook. It might be good that way....but then again, heck I can't even locate the search area anymore on facebook to find old friends. They moved it around again and I haven't bothered to look hard.
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline Coyote71

• !!!
  • Verified/Junior
« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2011, 09:06:32 PM »
Got ike 15 of them last night. Had to laugh. Thought a mod pushed the wrong button ;)

Offline screenxpress

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #14 on: December 22, 2011, 10:30:38 PM »
I got 8....SPAM..............what an azz.
Anything important is never left to the vote of the people. We only get to vote on some man; we never get to vote on what he is to do.  Will Rogers