Author Topic: X5......  (Read 2359 times)

Offline jason-23

• FONTNINJA
X5......
« on: December 22, 2011, 08:45:00 AM »
any body have x5 and could help me with opening a AI file with it please?

Offline virgil427

Re: X5......
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2011, 09:08:03 AM »
send it to me at mlsscreen@hotmail.com

Offline Fluid

• !!!
  • Keep the Ink Moving... Stay Corelian My Friends!
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2011, 10:11:12 AM »
Can help Do you have X5?  Whats the problem?

Try choosing Import and actually select the .ai filter. 
Richard
--Fluid       www.fluiddsn.com Graphic Designs, Color Separations & Film Output 15+ years Industry Experience - CorelDRAW Master® 

Offline jason-23

• FONTNINJA
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2011, 01:27:46 PM »
Thanks yall nut pierre helped me out. the problem is that i cant open a AI file in corel x4 and i tried everything, googled and youtube everything and still nothing. i suck at AI so i wanted to fix the art in corel but i think i got it  to work.

Offline Fluid

• !!!
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2011, 12:15:25 AM »
You should be able to open an .ai in X4.  I have both X4 & X5 on my computer yet use X4 due to many macros and customizations I have just not been able to update.  I deal with ai and eps daily with very few issues.   If you are getting .ai and having issues start having your customers who supply the ai files send you the art as PDF files.  ALSO make sure that any files coming from the CS suites are Saved Without Compression - Turn OFF Compression or you will never get them into X4.
Richard
--Fluid       www.fluiddsn.com Graphic Designs, Color Separations & Film Output 15+ years Industry Experience - CorelDRAW Master® 

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2011, 01:18:16 AM »
ALSO make sure that any files coming from the CS suites are Saved Without Compression - Turn OFF Compression or you will never get them into X4.

Most of us know the drill by now, but the problem with this is more than half of the time, I receive my files from a third party, maybe with the same company or organization, but not the actual creator.
Then it's educating them that for the last four or so versions, Illustrator compresses by default!
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline Fluid

• !!!
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2011, 11:59:45 AM »
True yet if I get a compressed file I just reply to the original email and tell them I need the file resaved without compression.  No need to go into a full blown out explanation.

If you have Acrobat Pro you can sometimes get around this by creating a PDF form the file then importing into DRAW. 
Richard

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2011, 12:03:36 PM »
True yet if I get a compressed file I just reply to the original email and tell them I need the file resaved without compression.  No need to go into a full blown out explanation.

I find that many of these Illy users are unaware of the default compression, and don't even know where to uncheck the box!

Offline Fluid

• !!!
« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2011, 12:58:52 PM »
Yup happens too often. Noobs with a computer and a graphics app. See them way too often.  It amazes me.
Richard

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2011, 02:10:44 PM »
Even worse with Photoshop! Everybody and their mother have a copy of it.
I can not even keep count of the number of 72 dpi raster images I have received, that didn't even justify rasterizing.

Digital DaVincis someone here christened them, lol!