Author Topic: X5 better with ai files?  (Read 1749 times)

Online Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
X5 better with ai files?
« on: December 22, 2011, 03:13:19 PM »
Jason's request below brings up this question. Does X5 offer a big improvement on importing ai files over X4?
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline jason-23

• FONTNINJA
Re: X5 better with ai files?
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2011, 04:08:33 PM »
from what i have been reading "yes" but i dont know form personal dealings. i tried to down load the free 30 day trial and could not get it to down load.....

Offline Fluid

• !!!
  • Keep the Ink Moving... Stay Corelian My Friends!
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2011, 12:20:31 AM »
I posted in the other thread yet in a nut shell, yes X5 handles Illy eps and ai files a lot better than X4.

Note that any files coming from CS Suites need to be saved from Illy Without Compression.  Have your clients Turn Off compression before saving or you will have issues.  Depending on the version I believe X5 still has some issues with the most recent version of Illy. 

Make sure your Version of CorelDRAW is up to date with the latest Service Pack.

www.corel.com/corel/pages/index.jsp?pgid=800161
Richard
--Fluid       www.fluiddsn.com Graphic Designs, Color Separations & Film Output 15+ years Industry Experience - CorelDRAW Master® 

Online Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2011, 01:12:38 AM »
Richard, is there an easy way to tell if any of these patches are already installed?
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline Fluid

• !!!
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2011, 11:57:46 AM »
Indeed.  In DRAW go to Help / About CorelDRAW There you will see the version number for what you have installed.  If you are unsure, updating only take a min or two and I would suggest just trying the latest update. 

The most up to date version for X4 I believe is 14.0.0.701

Richard
--Fluid       www.fluiddsn.com Graphic Designs, Color Separations & Film Output 15+ years Industry Experience - CorelDRAW Master® 

Offline cyw

« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2011, 03:30:13 PM »
In addition to the compression issue you guys are talking about, don't forget Corel X4 was released way before CS5.........I'm not 100% sure, maybe Richard has some better information, but I don't know if much or anything was added to  X4 SP's regarding ai import
On the other hand, for me anyway, X5 seems to handle CS files much better

Not to say that I won't get a doozie now and again. In which case, opening in Illy itself saves a lot of time and wasted effort

Don't mean to be in hibernation mode.........trying to stop by more often
Hope everyone has a wonderful New Year!
enjoy the celebration

Diane

Offline Fluid

• !!!
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2011, 11:44:47 AM »
Hey Diane "Hippie Chick"  :-) Great to see you post.  You are correct about the SP's. I do not believe they addressed any import /export filters. Mainly just addressing some of the bigger bugs that hindered some important work flow. 

X5 introduced better CS support.

Richard