Author Topic: Miss Maralin and the art of living  (Read 1420 times)

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
Miss Maralin and the art of living
« on: September 03, 2019, 02:49:25 PM »
So there we were this morning. The boys were busy on the roof. Cassy and I were doing press work when I noticed M on the veranda. I had made tea so the three of us sat and admired the gardens. All of the sudden, Maralin announced that her cat was dead. She is easliy in her seventies and of course, when you lose a good pet it is similar to losing a child. There and then, my adopted leopard cat hopped on her lap and gave her a good purr. It has been said that a proud Southern Lady never sheds a tear, but I saw one and looked away. I left the ladies to work the gardens and don't you know they came back with clippings for the book press.
And then I was told to get busy
tp

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: Miss Maralin and the art of living
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2019, 01:28:15 PM »
To clarify, Cassy is married, and I have a girlfriend. We did sleep together and talked about movies and food, both past and present. There is a different way of doing this without sex. It is not easy.  She went to her corner as I did mine. She told me to stop rolling and I told her to stop snoring. And then, much later, she woke up fully dressed. Denim and all. "Your cat watches you sleep, now feed him. Then let's go to the veranda at the hotel, Daddy will better understand and that way you will not have to watch your back. Mind Miss Savahanna."

Online T Shirt Farmer

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2019, 02:04:41 PM »
Tony... kinda like a bad car wreck cant stand to look at the carnage but cant stop looking to answer all the questions spinning... trying hard to connect the dots seems you are enjoying life.
Robert
allpremiums.com
Your Source for Decorated Apparel.

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2019, 03:18:29 PM »
Thank you Robert. Perhaps not a good analogy but l"ll take it. It is not a car wreck but although embellished a bit, this is all true. It is all about the women in my life and living in a remote part of the South. The dots will be connected in the book. These are writing experiments. I am not trying to confuse but perhaps generate interest.
I did talk to Cassandra about New Haven white clam and spinach pizza and she informed me on all ways of barbeque and hash. There are bakeries and hot dog stands that are not always easy to find here. The girls and ladies know though. I believe we have been to all of them by now. My digestive track does. The one thing I will never forget, as I helped Miss Maralin down the steps and into her vintage Mercedes she looked up and said "I love your pineapples"
tp

Online T Shirt Farmer

« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2019, 03:58:16 PM »
to not confuse I am enjoying.
Robert
allpremiums.com
Your Source for Decorated Apparel.

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2019, 08:36:42 PM »
The New Haven pizza story is quite true. Frank Sinatra and Phil Donahue (among others) would take a taxi from New York just to get a slice.
Now, I have had to learn to eat chicken livers and ketchup. So far, so good. My cat likes beets. Who would know but Patsy?

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2019, 11:59:05 AM »
Doing some work in the "office" but keep the television on round the corner. It's a habit. The Food Channel must have been on and they were doing a whole show on pizza. And then my ears percked up when they did a bit on Pepes and Sallys. Now, I know you can get a good pie almost anywhere but I was proud to see my heritage being represented. On a hot summer night it may take some time to get a table but, that is a good pizza. Or Calzone. I may need to get to Worchester Square soon. Need me some white clam and spinach. I may need to bring the recipe down here. If Italy will let me.
tp

Offline DannyGruninger

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2019, 03:56:41 PM »
New haven has the best pizza in all of the lands. That charred coal infused crust is out of this world.
Danny Gruninger
Denver Print House / Lakewood Colorado
https://www.instagram.com/denverprinthouse

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2019, 04:32:48 PM »
Agreed.

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2019, 04:37:28 PM »
Now Moogle wants to come but she has her ways. The white clam and spinach pie has a bit of history. We will find out together.

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2019, 04:41:24 PM »
Italy said we are all good. They knew I was from Sicily.

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2019, 04:44:42 PM »
Even though I did not spell it right, they knew the last name!

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2019, 07:58:12 AM »
I am a South end Hartford native (sicilian) for me the best pizza will always be from the south end of Hartford before it all went to hell. I lived in New Haven most of my life, yes Sally's, Pepe's, WoosterS are great pizza I will recommend Modern Apizza first to anyone.
"No man is an island"

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2019, 03:35:01 PM »
Marcos in Tusktown is pretty close. The one in Greenwood not so much
tp