Author Topic: Thunder Sticks?  (Read 2193 times)

Offline mimosatexas

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • contributor
Thunder Sticks?
« on: October 16, 2019, 06:04:39 PM »
Anyone know how these are printed?  Are they printed prior to gluing the sides together (or however they do that) or is there some way we could print on blanks that are already made?  any hint on inks etc?  Outsourcing isnt an option for a few reasons for this client.  Would either be a figure it out, or say no, kind of thing...

Offline zanegun08

Re: Thunder Sticks?
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2019, 09:05:14 PM »
I would assume you could use something solvent and air dry like Nazdar 9700 or a similar series.

As always, test before committing, but that is where I would start at.

Offline balloonguy

• !!!
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2019, 08:07:14 AM »
I have never done these before but I am pretty sure that you can print them flat. You will just need an ink that is flexible. We print mylar balloons flat all the time. Testing is key! I did some vinyl balloons like you might see on a car lot. They looked great for about 3 weeks then the ink started flaking off due to sun light. You just don't know until you try...
When you dig grave will you make it shallow so that I can feel the rain?

Offline T Shirt Farmer

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2019, 10:56:36 AM »
I have never done these before but I am pretty sure that you can print them flat. You will just need an ink that is flexible. We print mylar balloons flat all the time. Testing is key! I did some vinyl balloons like you might see on a car lot. They looked great for about 3 weeks then the ink started flaking off due to sun light. You just don't know until you try...

How long is a printed balloon supposed to last? are there industry standrads?  :o
Robert
allpremiums.com
Your Source for Decorated Apparel.

Offline balloonguy

• !!!
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2019, 03:51:13 PM »

How long is a printed balloon supposed to last? are there industry standrads?  :o
a normal balloon is only good for a hours or a few days depending on size. The item I mentioned is more of a vinyl, kind of like a beach ball. These should last for a year or more.

When you dig grave will you make it shallow so that I can feel the rain?